Royal Family | Page 40 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not fussed either way about royalty, I see it more as a tourist attraction and income for the country above anything. I don’t believe it’s a great deal of money to support them from the public coffers, versus what they generate. But it needs to be kept tight, we can’t support third cousins and the wide spectrum it has become.

Above all else though, I feel uneasy about electing random Head’s of State when I see the prime ministers we elect. You can’t just elect and stick anyone at the top, it would end in scandal after scandal however prim and proper they are.

After Queenie pare it back further and look to bring it to an end after Wills for me. The financial benefit (which does outweigh the cost right now) I don't expect will be the same for even Wills - so when it hits that tipping point, end it.

I'm kinda on the fence. I think there could be a place for a symbolic monarchy and all that brings with it to the country and really importantly various charities and good causes. But it simply has to be funded differently and sustained differently. I think as a 'product' it could do much good here and abroad. Like it or not many here and most importantly abroad love the monarchy. It could be 'milked' quite a lot.

But if there is anything in the future it has to be about the King or Queen and the direct line. Can't be doing with the likes of Harry and Andrew's kids getting the attention/prosperity just because they are the brother, cousin, aunt , uncle of the king or queen. Let alone those even more tenuously linked by family.

Last edited:
I’m glad to see that the spirit of Del Boy Trotter is alive and well. Near us the bunting is out but on a closer examination you can see the legend,”Silver Jubillee.”
Obviously stashed away for a rainy day.
stashed away since 1977

The media didn’t report this, but it sounded to me like Harry and Meghan got booed at St Paul’s? They reported Bozo getting booed which sounded very much like a mix to me, but Harry and Meghan was more noticeable to my ears over the box.

Charles calling the Queen “mummy” is fucking weird. I thought I read somewhere Andrew addresses her in the same way too, and would kick off like a spoiled child if his cuddly toy collection wasn’t in a certain way.

I’m not fussed either way about royalty, .

Same.

Can take it or leave it on any other day of the decade, but unashamed to say I've loved this long weekend celebration of Britishness......

No need to be miserable for the sake of it. Life is fun. Enjoy it.

Same.

Can take it or leave it on any other day of the decade, but unashamed to say I've loved this long weekend celebration of Britishness......

No need to be miserable for the sake of it. Life is fun. Enjoy it.
I’m with you. Any excuse to meet up with mates, down a few pints and catch up.
I actually quite enjoyed the concert although I wish they wouldn’t keep wheeling out blokes like Rod Stewart. I’d have liked to have seen Adele doing a bit of effing and blinding between numbers.

Charles calling the Queen “mummy” is fucking weird. I thought I read somewhere Andrew addresses her in the same way too, and would kick off like a spoiled child if his cuddly toy collection wasn’t in a certain way.

I think it's just a family thing. I remember years ago seeing one of those royal documentaries and in it the Queen (then a middle-aged woman) was calling her mother "mummy".

Any nominations for president?
And therein lies the problem.
To catch a president you are fishing in the same pool as you are to catch a Prime Minister, MP, a mayor or any of the other corrupt self serving individuals that inhabit the murky waters of politics, together with their hangers on and sycophants.
I'm probably with Melon and Mike and others on this as regards keeping William, getting rid of the rest.

The media didn’t report this, but it sounded to me like Harry and Meghan got booed at St Paul’s? They reported Bozo getting booed which sounded very much like a mix to me, but Harry and Meghan was more noticeable to my ears over the box.
Being reported in the media this morning dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.