Royal Antwerp F.C. vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Royal Antwerp F.C. vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread

Result?

• Win

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't know how you label anyone the biggest problem yesterday.

We need another DMF.

We could use another AMF.

Skriniar in January would be excellent. We haven't replaced Jan. Which is a big hole.

We need another DMF.

Skriniar in January would be excellent. We haven't replaced Jan. Which is a big hole.

Apparently according to Jose the BIG problem was not being able to pick N'domebele....

I almost fell off my chair when I heard that.

"Normally Friday he is training as normal and is ready to play Sunday, and to be honest we missed him - because he gives speed to the team.
"Thinking quick, thinking fast, moving the ball quick and fast, we missed him."

We need another DMF.

Our defence wasn't the big problem, apart from Davies slip, they were pretty competent.

What was at fault was playing too deep, too disconnected from our midfield (allowing the opposition all the space in the world between the lines and worst still both their wide players were allowed to run with ease) who were confronted with a front two (I'm not going to say front three as one was clearly told to play off of Vini thorugh the middle) who were virtually static and we had absolutely no width worth speaking of for long periods of the game - and it wasn't addressed tactically when the changes were made at half-time either.

As I said, whislt our performance was lack luster our tactical 'smarts' were completely absent - someone was completely and utterly complacent in my book and that set the tone for the evening.

Our defence wasn't the big problem, apart from Davies slip, they were pretty competent.

What was at fault was playing too deep, too disconnected from our midfield (allowing the opposition all the space in the world between the lines and worst still both their wide players were allowed to run with ease) who were confronted with a front two (I'm not going to say front three as one was clearly told to play off of Vini thorugh the middle) who were virtually static and we had absolutely no width worth speaking of for long periods of the game - and it wasn't addressed tactically when the changes were made at half-time either.

As I said, whislt our performance was lack luster our tactical 'smarts' were completely absent - someone was completely and utterly complacent in my book and that set the tone for the evening.

Only 'someone'?

It begs the question ....can you make that many changes and expect a joined up performance ? Especially with a couple in Loco and Bale who are not fit. It was such a strange selection it could almost be deliberate......you want to play....show me you are good enough !!

I don't get it...Not Fit, which I don't buy or Rusty as shit, which I will.

Being fit to play is a medical determination in my opinion...if not fit...then they shouldn't even be on the damn pitch. That is dumb.

Being rusty and getting guys a trot to knock off some of it...so be it...but assume that they show in practice that they are ready to go.