Roy Harper appears in court | Vital Football

Roy Harper appears in court

Wurzel

Vital Football Legend
Roy Harper appeared in court yesterday charged with child sex offences.

He’s accused of two charges of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13 in the 1970s, plus three charges of indecent assault and four of gross indecency. All charges relate to one alleged victim.

The 72-year-old progressive folk musician, best known for his guest vocals on Pink Floyd track Have A Cigar, entered no plea during a short hearing at Hereford Magistrates’ Court.

Obviously first thing to say is he is innocent until proved guilty. The reason I post this is that I am amazed that there hasn't been a deluge of accusations against pop/rock stars from the 60s/70s and 80's considering the media interest since Saville.

I expect most successful musicians had enough groupies to not have time to be nonces.

Yes but a lot of those groupies were under age girls. Very surprised there hasn't been more arrests.

I think it's a bit rough to arrest people for being fooled by a 14/15 year old when it's a one off occasion. If one is to be judged for that one should be judged for the whole moral concept of using one's fame for sleeping with young woman, which is surely a different argument all together.

As for girls for 13 and younger.......nonce!

Of course they wait until he is into his "retirement" years, just like the rest.

Are they after a bit of his pension?..................