Rowett's team selection | Vital Football

Rowett's team selection

Bloomeram

Alert Team
Good morning Rams fans.......................
Is anyone else bemuzzed by Rowett's team selection?
Following a lack luster, tired and totally disinterested display against Wolves, why on Earth would you play exactly the same team?

Firstly many just looked like they wanted to go home to bed on Wednesday, second the body language of many told me they just were not up for the fight any more and thirdly, only a few had any get up and go in them and raised a brief period of speed or speedy reaction to any given situation.

The fact that we seemed to be little more than dustbins stood for Burton to go around didn't surprise me at all. Players should have been rested/dropped and those used sparingly on Wednesday (Palmer, Jerome, Keogh) brought back in..........................It is not rocket science GR, just common sense for those with eyes and a small understanding of human nature...:rant:

Too many tired legs out there and that is the point I don't understand. Aged 15 and unable to afford the train fare etc to DCFC games I would play rugby for the school Saturday morning, Burton and District Division 1 football Saturday afternoon, 90 minutes rowing training on the Trent of a Sunday morning and another game of football in the Burton Sunday afternoon League. If I could do that for an entire season, why can't "professional" footballers play 3 times a week?

Why does it only affect our lot (I won't use the term players!)!!!! Are Millwall supermen, are Warlock's battlers on superpills etc etc?? No, the team have lost the will to live and Rowett is utterly bereft of ideas. I like the bloke but we are now seeing his serious limitations, he is a totally lost sole in the middle of a sea of discarded garbage. The whole lot needs recycling into a large sinkhole!! Sorry to be blunt but that is how it is!!

Why does it only affect our lot (I won't use the term players!)!!!! Are Millwall supermen, are Warlock's battlers on superpills etc etc?? No, the team have lost the will to live and Rowett is utterly bereft of ideas. I like the bloke but we are now seeing his serious limitations, he is a totally lost sole in the middle of a sea of discarded garbage. The whole lot needs recycling into a large sinkhole!! Sorry to be blunt but that is how it is!!
That’s not ‘blunt’...it’s quite poetic.

Carson - looks like he may go
Baird - should of been let go 12 months ago
Wisdom -Where's the player of 2014 gone
Pearce - Wouldn't get a game with any other championship team too slow
Davis - Steady, sadly getting on a bit now
Ledley - Just a boring player
Huddlestone - Was a good player, now lost that bit of zip
Weimann - We moaned about Johnny Russell's final ball, I've never seen a professional footballer with a worse end product
Lawrence - so very lightweight
Vydra - Looks to lack energy, looks really unfit to me
Nugent - finished I'm afraid
summary - we need a whole new team, and manager

Good morning Rams fans.......................
Is anyone else bemuzzed by Rowett's team selection?
Following a lack luster, tired and totally disinterested display against Wolves, why on Earth would you play exactly the same team?

Firstly many just looked like they wanted to go home to bed on Wednesday, second the body language of many told me they just were not up for the fight any more and thirdly, only a few had any get up and go in them and raised a brief period of speed or speedy reaction to any given situation.

The fact that we seemed to be little more than dustbins stood for Burton to go around didn't surprise me at all. Players should have been rested/dropped and those used sparingly on Wednesday (Palmer, Jerome, Keogh) brought back in..........................It is not rocket science GR, just common sense for those with eyes and a small understanding of human nature...:rant:
Yes couldn't agree more in the Wolves match Baird was treading water after ten minutes I was amazed he never made any changes i know he doesn't have a lot of options But it was obvious at Wolves half the team were knackered It has caught up with Pearce who has had little game time all season He was awful yesterday After the Sunderland match Keogh and Forsyth took the blame and dropped who is taking the blame for yesterday Certainly plenty of candidates Baird Pearce Lawrence Vydra Weimann Hudds Ledley take your pick The worse player in the pitch was Vydra bad feeble attitude

Carson - looks like he may go Hope not.
Baird - should of been let go 12 months ago I'd keep him as cover for a year
Wisdom -Where's the player of 2014 gone did the double last season with a team now in the semis of the Europa Laegue, playing at CH. I'd have him there.
Pearce - Wouldn't get a game with any other championship team too slow He can go
Davis - Steady, sadly getting on a bit now yes he is but he has been one of our top 3 players this season
Ledley - Just a boring player Looks it but we miss him when he's not there. he does all the scruffy tidying up work. I would let him go though
Huddlestone - Was a good player, now lost that bit of zip Zip? He never had any in the first place. I would keep him as the one DM. Scrap the 2 DM scenario unless you have an attacking player alongside him (Callum Guy?)
Weimann - We moaned about Johnny Russell's final ball, I've never seen a professional footballer with a worse end product Quite possibly our 4th/5th best player this season.
Lawrence - so very lightweight We play him as a winger when he is really an attacking central midfielder. Playing him in the right position might help.
Vydra - Looks to lack energy, looks really unfit to me Looks more to me that he has been carrying injuries for much of the season
Nugent - finished I'm afraid Both he and Jerome should go
summary - we need a whole new team, and manager I am in the give GR chance to dump and rebuild this summer based on our own young guns with some experience around them.

Carson - looks like he may go Hope not.
Baird - should of been let go 12 months ago I'd keep him as cover for a year
Wisdom -Where's the player of 2014 gone did the double last season with a team now in the semis of the Europa Laegue, playing at CH. I'd have him there.
Pearce - Wouldn't get a game with any other championship team too slow He can go
Davis - Steady, sadly getting on a bit now yes he is but he has been one of our top 3 players this season
Ledley - Just a boring player Looks it but we miss him when he's not there. he does all the scruffy tidying up work. I would let him go though
Huddlestone - Was a good player, now lost that bit of zip Zip? He never had any in the first place. I would keep him as the one DM. Scrap the 2 DM scenario unless you have an attacking player alongside him (Callum Guy?)
Weimann - We moaned about Johnny Russell's final ball, I've never seen a professional footballer with a worse end product Quite possibly our 4th/5th best player this season.
Lawrence - so very lightweight We play him as a winger when he is really an attacking central midfielder. Playing him in the right position might help.
Vydra - Looks to lack energy, looks really unfit to me Looks more to me that he has been carrying injuries for much of the season
Nugent - finished I'm afraid Both he and Jerome should go
summary - we need a whole new team, and manager I am in the give GR chance to dump and rebuild this summer based on our own young guns with some experience around them.
1. Why does it look as if Carson ‘may go’?
2. Think I’d stick with Jerome...impressively strong and quick, but confidence shattered after what’s happened since he arrived.
3. Keeping Baird last season made sense...don’t think another season does.
4. Why does nobody mention Keogh anymore?
5. What are your plans for Bryson and the elephants in the room...Martin and Butterfield?
Agree about the rest.

I take Bryson over anything we have at the moment. Our midfield look like dead men walking!
I totally agree, so long as you’re talking about a fit Bryson. Unfortunately he’s become another ‘sick note’ - wherever he’s been - for most of the last four years. Another case of the curse of the contract...22 appearances in the last two seasons.

Last edited:
1. Why does it look as if Carson ‘may go’? Rumours on a couple of fora
2. Think I’d stick with Jerome...impressively strong and quick, but confidence shattered after what’s happened since he arrived. Never a prolific scorer.......
3. Keeping Baird last season made sense...don’t think another season does. Unless some amazing things happen he will provide cover for 4 places. If he is still fit enough, keep hom.
4. Why does nobody mention Keogh anymore? I think folk have decided he is on his way out. Just a guess mind......
5. What are your plans for Bryson and the elephants in the room...Martin and Butterfield? We will get him back if Cardiff go up as they won't want him in the PL. If they don't go up they may well not keep him anyway as he has only appeared in half of their games. Where did you get your 22 games in 2 years stats rA. He has had 19 for Cardiff and 4 League and 1 League Cup for us before he went. 37 Derby apps in 16/17 according to his Wiki. That is 61 in 2 seasons plus whatever he gets in the last 4 games of this season. If he comes back, guage his fitness and act accordingly. The elephants? Should GR go back to playing a target man up top OR moves to a 1-4-4-2 (Martin plus Vydra in a free role) then we should sell him, preferably, or if we can't get rid, loan him out again. Butterfield? A veritable enigma. Class with the Terriers and started well for us. Went downhill faster than a lady of the night's underwear and has done no better with Wendy. Maybe have a look pre season but decide early doors (pre season) if he looks like he might be on the up and, if not, sell/loan/give away.
Agree about the rest.

Yep...sorry, I misread the Bryson stats...you’re right.
Still nineteen for Cardiff isn’t great and I just feel he peaked and has never been the same player since his hat trick against you know who.
I’d have the Bryson we signed back in a flash, but I haven’t seen much of that player recently and that was five or six seasons ago.

Yep...sorry, I misread the Bryson stats...you’re right.
Still nineteen for Cardiff isn’t great and I just feel he peaked and has never been the same player since his hat trick against you know who.
I’d have the Bryson we signed back in a flash, but I haven’t seen much of that player recently and that was five or six seasons ago.

Not really playing his game, when he had his period of good form we were an attacking, swift moving, good passing side, allowing him to move freely along the line in midfield and make the penetrating runs into the box.

In my opinion we could recreate his role if we allowed Lawrence a free role across the midfield. His runs from central midfield whilst at Dipswitch were superb...........................but we just don't play that style of football !

What gets me is that Lawrence is (or feels like) the 3796th damned good player we have bought in the past decade only to play them out of position. I know..... let's by Christiano Ronaldo and play him at Centre Half......... The Derby Way ;)

What gets me is that Lawrence is (or feels like) the 3796th damned good player we have bought in the past decade only to play them out of position. I know..... let's by Christiano Ronaldo and play him at Centre Half......... The Derby Way ;)

Good point. You stats may be wrong, I think it's over 4,000!!

Latest Rams News