Rowett? Stay or go...but make your mind up! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Rowett? Stay or go...but make your mind up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great comeback chap...truly withering! I’m shattered...lying in pieces on the ground.

You know Swale, this is a forum...it’s where people exchange views...a bit of banter or to argue and debate.
That’s what it’s all about and disagreement is all part of that, but answer me this...how come I and others can argue, debate and disagree but it only becomes personal with you?
I often agree with you about politics but we clearly don’t see eye to eye over Lampard, loyalty, Rowett and Morris.
Then again I don’t see eye to eye with mista over Lampard, or Ram59 and Roger, sometimes, over politics. I have been known to disagree with MA over the EU but it never gets personal, it always remains civil... constructive even.
I reckon you’re the forum bully, Swaley...no idea why. You saw off Ramspride and Southern plus one or two others maybe from DCM and you’ve tried it, unsuccessfully, with Andy. Didn’t work with him and it won’t work with me. I don’t get bullied in real life and I’m sure as hell not going to be bullied by a keyboard version.
You may be right...I may be right about Lampard...time will tell. Who knows...he may not even be appointed? In the meantime if you could stop the impression of Mr Angry or a marginally more articulate DCFCA and refrain from thinking that anyone who dares to challenge you is talking bollux, I for one would appreciate it. :cheers:l.

And you always take umbrage when shown to be wrong - lets look at what you have posted - personal abuse - so me telling you that a naive belief in loyalty and taking the "I love this club, its the only one for me" crap spouted when a player or manager joins seriously is a bit dim?

How else would you describe somebody who believes something or takes at face value something which patently isn't the case?

To be fair to me I only called you dim when you claimed you weren't naive! To me if a person clings to a belief which all the evidence suggests is wrong, then thats being dim.

I don't mind opinions - whether Mel is a good owner or not is a matter of opinion, whether Lampard is going to be a good appointment or not is a matter of opinion, certainly at this stage as no one can know, but logic would suggest that appointing a rookie manager with virtually no coaching experience and no management experience is a massive gamble. I find it strange that people seem to think its a good appointment based on the fact he was an excellent player and no other evidence but if thats their opinion fine and I don't believe I have done anything other than disagree with you on that issue.

You claim that I have harangued Mel, when in point of fact I have done no such thing, I started a thread asking a question and putting forward the opinion that he had not to date demonstrated that he had achieved anything for the club - two or three well publicised incidents, 5 managers, laughable statement like the Derby way and now embroiled in legal action against former senior figures at the club - not very positive but to be haranguing as you claim then there would have to be multiple posts negative of him and I have been positive more times than negative about him.

A agree the Forum is about debate and a difference of opinions, but your an equal culprit in crticising me for a point of view and not answering the points I've raised so a bit of the pot calling the kettle black here.

I'd like to see your evidence that I had anything to do with certain posters not posting on DM - I think your crediting me with more power than I actually have and if you have no evidence then thats just an opinion or could be construed as a personal attack.

The Forum bully eh? How does one achieve that? Its a mystery to me because you and anyone else always has the choice not to respond to a post you don't like. As long as you take the bait I'll sling the hook!

Are you serious? I even got banned by Rat for re-posting Trickys xenophobic and racist falsehoods, the rodent being so quick to pounce he hadn't spotted it was me holding up to Tricky something he had posted.

I bested Tricky so many times I felt sorry for the guy! Mind you not hard when he quoted "facts" mainly emanating from the Daily Express and other similar well known purveyors of the truth, which could and were easily shown to be false. The guy also told different stories and lies about himself that you would have to be a bit dim to believe him!

Even those who may have had sympathy with his views could tell his posts were mainly half truths at best and repulsive to the average decent human being at worst!
Are you serious? I even got banned by Rat for re-posting Trickys xenophobic and racist falsehoods, the rodent being so quick to pounce he hadn't spotted it was me holding up to Tricky something he had posted.

I bested Tricky so many times I felt sorry for the guy! Mind you not hard when he quoted "facts" mainly emanating from the Daily Express and other similar well known purveyors of the truth, which could and were easily shown to be false. The guy also told different stories and lies about himself that you would have to be a bit dim to believe him!

Even those who may have had sympathy with his views could tell his posts were mainly half truths at best and repulsive to the average decent human being at worst!

absolute garbage Swales he chewed you up and spat you out so many times it became embarrassing But your ego could never see it Don't come back with your usual bolloxs about me being as thick as him It don't fecking wash with me You have spent all week trying to belittle Anag but he's a gentleman I'm not i don't give feck what you think or say

Well, thanks for the complement mista. Not sure why I’m considered a ‘gentlemen’ and I doubt it’s entirely warranted...I just try not to be as blinkered or ‘one eyed’ as some but hey ho.

Tbh I’ll go toe to toe with Swale in any circumstances he chooses but I do find his rants increasingly tiresome and deluded.

So...point by point for hopefully the final time.
1) I ‘take umbrage when shown to be wrong’.
Disagreeing with you doesn’t equate to being ‘wrong’, Swale. I know you find that difficult to comprehend but, when exactly have you actually shown me to ‘be wrong’?
2) ‘Naive and dim’...not sure where this comes from. You’ve also said you can’t understand someone as ‘obviously intelligent’ as me being so naive...make your mind up chap.
3) Your denials...you deny any personal abuse towards me and any haranguing of Morris. I honestly don’t know how you can dispute these things Swale.
As a result of a comment about loyalty you’ve accused me, amongst other things, of being ‘naive’, ‘belonging to a by gone age’, ‘a dimwit’, and someone whose ‘intellect has been dimmed by age’. If I gave a **** about what you think I’d find all that quite insulting and I suspect most would regard it as ‘personal abuse’.
As regards Morris...in just the last week, you’ve questioned his competence...suggested he’s an ‘amateur’...someone who’s made a complete ‘balls up’ of the job and an owner who goes through managers at such a rate because he regularly ‘chucks his toys out of the pram’.
Some of your criticism may or may not be justified, we may never know, but it seems much more like repetitive outspoken and aggressive verbal criticism (aka haranguing) than being ‘positive’ to me.
4) Returning to the subject of loyalty in relation to Rowett. You quite deliberately set out to make out that I alone have questioned Rowett over this issue. That simply isn’t true...off the top my head...mista has referred to him as a ‘coward’, mactheman has suggested that his behaviour is worthy of him ending up in the Trent and, perhaps most pertinently, Ram59 has written that it is the way in which people like McClaren and Rowett make initial use of their DCFC connections to win favour and support only to then jump ship that sickens people. It is that final comment that I entirely agree with. It’s not a question of ‘naively believing’ such stuff...I just want to see someone in football - and especially some of those so well rewarded at Derby - to mean what they say for once...and yes, to show some loyalty.
5) I’m not going to trawl back through FM posts but you know perfectly well that both Ramspride and Southernram left the site because of things you wrote. Even the normally thick skinned OTR took exception to your criticism in the early days of the Brexit thread. Your repeated personal attacks on Andy, are there for all to see. You’ve even been known to question why I bother ‘talking’ to him and suggested that I shouldn’t converse with Tricky at all. It’s what you do Swaley, no point in denying it...and the pattern that emerges is one of the ‘keyboard bully’.

So...there goes another fifteen minutes of my life that I won’t get back and frankly I’ve much better things to do than contribute to what appears as your ego driven narcissistic need to be the centre of attention. Reply if you wish but I doubt if anyone either here on Vital or over at FM will find much to disagree with in the above appraisal.

Last edited:
With regard to Morris throwing his toys out of the pram in relation to his managerial sackings, I would love everyone to look at the sackings and think why they happened. Be that results, performances, following KPIs given at he start if their tenure and non-footballing reasonsas well. IMO there is more than sufficient reason to warrant all of his sackings and that the toys/pram scenario is nowhere in sight.

absolute garbage Swales he chewed you up and spat you out so many times it became embarrassing But your ego could never see it Don't come back with your usual bolloxs about me being as thick as him It don't fecking wash with me You have spent all week trying to belittle Anag but he's a gentleman I'm not i don't give feck what you think or say

That is the most laughable statement you have posted!

You must be thick if you believe that! And naturally if your as thick as your making out, then your not going to believe it - and you clearly do give a feck what I think as you wouldn't bother posting otherwise!

How any sentient being could a) take Tricky's hogwash as even a fraction of the truth, b) fail to see how he contradicted himself many times (which I many many times amply demonstrated and c) believe the lies he told about himself is completely beyond me, but I guess I have to accept there are those so blinded by their own ignorance they simply refuse to accept the truth when they see it.

Still I have to say that you keep me amused, and you think people should take you seriously oh boy what a laugh!

Well, thanks for the complement mista. Not sure why I’m considered a ‘gentlemen’ and I doubt it’s entirely warranted...I just try not to be as blinkered or ‘one eyed’ as some but hey ho.

Tbh I’ll go toe to toe with Swale in any circumstances he chooses but I do find his rants increasingly tiresome and deluded.

So...point by point for hopefully the final time.
1) I ‘take umbrage when shown to be wrong’.
Disagreeing with you doesn’t equate to being ‘wrong’, Swale. I know you find that difficult to comprehend but, when exactly have you actually shown me to ‘be wrong’?
2) ‘Naive and dim’...not sure where this comes from. You’ve also said you can’t understand someone as ‘obviously intelligent’ as me being so naive...make your mind up chap.
3) Your denials...you deny any personal abuse towards me and any haranguing of Morris. I honestly don’t know how you can dispute these things Swale.
As a result of a comment about loyalty you’ve accused me, amongst other things, of being ‘naive’, ‘belonging to a by gone age’, ‘a dimwit’, and someone whose ‘intellect has been dimmed by age’. If I gave a **** about what you think I’d find all that quite insulting and I suspect most would regard it as ‘personal abuse’.
As regards Morris...in just the last week, you’ve questioned his competence...suggested he’s an ‘amateur’...someone who’s made a complete ‘balls up’ of the job and an owner who goes through managers at such a rate because he regularly ‘chucks his toys out of the pram’.
Some of your criticism may or may not be justified, we may never know, but it seems much more like repetitive outspoken and aggressive verbal criticism (aka haranguing) than being ‘positive’ to me.
4) Returning to the subject of loyalty in relation to Rowett. You quite deliberately set out to make out that I alone have questioned Rowett over this issue. That simply isn’t true...off the top my head...mista has referred to him as a ‘coward’, mactheman has suggested that his behaviour is worthy of him ending up in the Trent and, perhaps most pertinently, Ram59 has written that it is the way in which people like McClaren and Rowett make initial use of their DCFC connections to win favour and support only to then jump ship that sickens people. It is that final comment that I entirely agree with. It’s not a question of ‘naively believing’ such stuff...I just want to see someone in football - and especially some of those so well rewarded at Derby - to mean what they say for once...and yes, to show some loyalty.
5) I’m not going to trawl back through FM posts but you know perfectly well that both Ramspride and Southernram left the site because of things you wrote. Even the normally thick skinned OTR took exception to your criticism in the early days of the Brexit thread. Your repeated personal attacks on Andy, are there for all to see. You’ve even been known to question why I bother ‘talking’ to him and suggested that I shouldn’t converse with Tricky at all. It’s what you do Swaley, no point in denying it...and the pattern that emerges is one of the ‘keyboard bully’.

So...there goes another fifteen minutes of my life that I won’t get back and frankly I’ve much better things to do than contribute to what appears as your ego driven narcissistic need to be the centre of attention. Reply if you wish but I doubt if anyone either here on Vital or over at FM will find much to disagree with in the above appraisal.

Oh dear I have clearly rattled your cage, don't you think your a wee bit oversensitive to be on an internet forum?

Describing your incredibly idealistic bollox about loyalty as the comments of someone who is naive (which you demonstrate more and more with each post) living in a bygone age (ditto).

Nowhere did I ascribe you as being the only person who slated Rowett, I was responding to your posts on the subject but your clearly feeling victimised!

I know nothing of the sort about you assertion that those two posters stopped posting because of me and you haven't shown that to be true, until you can best stop lying seeing as your a stickler for the truth!

If people are too thin skinned to be on an internet forum then thats their problem not mine and if they insist on posting stuff thats so patently garbage then I am happy to show them the error of their ways. I know its pearls before swine but I feel its a public duty to do so.

Toe to toe with me? ha ha What a joke!

With regard to Morris throwing his toys out of the pram in relation to his managerial sackings, I would love everyone to look at the sackings and think why they happened. Be that results, performances, following KPIs given at he start if their tenure and non-footballing reasonsas well. IMO there is more than sufficient reason to warrant all of his sackings and that the toys/pram scenario is nowhere in sight.

OK give the reasons that you know to be true about the sackings!

You don't think 5 managers in as many seasons is a sign of either bad judgement or bad decision making?

That is the most laughable statement you have posted!

You must be thick if you believe that! And naturally if your as thick as your making out, then your not going to believe it - and you clearly do give a feck what I think as you wouldn't bother posting otherwise!

How any sentient being could a) take Tricky's hogwash as even a fraction of the truth, b) fail to see how he contradicted himself many times (which I many many times amply demonstrated and c) believe the lies he told about himself is completely beyond me, but I guess I have to accept th'lo ved the re i just ere are those so blinded by their own ignorance they simply refuse to accept the truth when they see it.

Still I have to say that you keep me amused, and you think people should take you seriously oh boy what a laugh!
I didn't believe a word Tricky wrote I just loved the way he made a prat of you nearly everyday for two years I don't care how many times he contradicted himself it must have affected you because you had reply to all his Hope your not infering he was lying about his illness because that is pretty despicable if you are I certainly don't want to amuse an egoistic twat like you Have to laugh at the way you think your the only educated person on this forum When in reality your just a boring old fart If anyone is blinded by their own ignorance it sure is you

OK give the reasons that you know to be true about the sackings!

You don't think 5 managers in as many seasons is a sign of either bad judgement or bad decision making?

Changing tune hey Swaley. Your comments to which I replied were "throwing his toys out of the pram" indicating that you think the sackings were in a fit of pique. Now you want bad judgment or decisions answers which is not what I said at all. I said not a fit of pique, albeit not in those exact words.

I will refrain from typing the reasons behind Mac twice, Clement and Pearson being sacked. I have put them up about 27 (exaggeration, I know bit it feels like that many) times in reply to posts of yours in the past week and a bit. You really should try to remember what folk put in posts, especially when you have already said, in those other threads that I surmised some stuff and stated that other stuff was plain wrong and asking where I had it from. When I explained in those other threads that it was you surmising on Lampard getting a higher salary than Rowett and that my post about the KPIs that Clement didn't hit were taken from interviews with Mel on the DCFC website, you decided not to take that particular discussion further.......

Oh dear I have clearly rattled your cage, don't you think your a wee bit oversensitive to be on an internet forum?

Describing your incredibly idealistic bollox about loyalty as the comments of someone who is naive (which you demonstrate more and more with each post) living in a bygone age (ditto).

Nowhere did I ascribe you as being the only person who slated Rowett, I was responding to your posts on the subject but your clearly feeling victimised!

I know nothing of the sort about you assertion that those two posters stopped posting because of me and you haven't shown that to be true, until you can best stop lying seeing as your a stickler for the truth!

If people are too thin skinned to be on an internet forum then thats their problem not mine and if they insist on posting stuff thats so patently garbage then I am happy to show them the error of their ways. I know its pearls before swine but I feel its a public duty to do so.

Toe to toe with me? ha ha What a joke!

Have you heard of the 3R’s Swale? No...not the more common ones, but Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for all our actions.
You appear to have a deluded surfeit of the former and a complete bypass as far as the other two are concerned.
Pointing out your inaccuracies and answering your latest self obsessed ‘epistle’ is far from you ‘rattling my cage’ and as for being ‘over sensitive’ about anything you’ve written...I’ve simply pointed out that you have done what you said you hadn’t.
I’m not wasting time looking for the farewell comments of Ramspride and Southern but you know I’m not lying and the fact that you can’t accept it really isn’t my problem.
Let’s face it Swale, we’re not going to resolve this. You think I’m an outdated ‘old fart’ and I recognise you for the arrogant and bigoted know all you actually are.
Probably best if we just ignore each other from now on...life’s too short and all that. As a parting comment I’ll recommend you read a poem called ‘The Guy in the Glass’. It was written by Dale Wimbrow. He died the year I was born so it’s probably far too old for a bright young thing like yourself. Might just teach you something though.

Innuendo? ;)
Lol...no MA...Roger is harking back a while to a time when Swale (before the advent of the ‘Real Swaley’) and I were political allies. Hard to believe I know, but we do share similar political beliefs.
Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, Swale tends to ‘carpet bomb’ his opponents which is inclined to alienate others and because I used to try and provide some ‘defence’...for the message as much as the messenger...either Roger or Andy christened me Swales’ ‘rear gunner’.
Roger loves to fuel any fire and, to extend the analogy, is much more of ‘precise marksman’ than Swale...we often disagree (perfectly healthily) but he rarely misses the target.

Last edited:
I didn't believe a word Tricky wrote I just loved the way he made a prat of you nearly everyday for two years I don't care how many times he contradicted himself it must have affected you because you had reply to all his Hope your not infering he was lying about his illness because that is pretty despicable if you are I certainly don't want to amuse an egoistic twat like you Have to laugh at the way you think your the only educated person on this forum When in reality your just a boring old fart If anyone is blinded by their own ignorance it sure is you

If you think Tricky made a prat of me then your welcome to your delusion! It does not reflect very well on your judgement!

His contradicting himself did not affect me, it was his blatant xenophobia, bigotry and false hoods that I called out time and time again, shame on those of you who accepted what he posted without censure but hey each to his own.

Despicable eh? To not believe a thing he posts? Thats the thing about posting lies and falsehoods nobody but simpleton's believes a word of what you post, so IF and its a bloody big IF his claims were true then he shouldn't be surprised after the bullshxxt and lies and made up stories that he posted that I don't believe him - thats a side from the fact that I have no sympathy for anybody who posted the outrageous bigotted stuff he did - opinions are one thing, the stuff he posted was on a different level but clearly others found it acceptable which says a lot!

Lol...no MA...Roger is harking back a while to a time when Swale (before the advent of the ‘Real Swaley’) and I were political allies. Hard to believe I know, but we do share similar political beliefs.
Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, Swale tends to ‘carpet bomb’ his opponents which is inclined to alienate others and because I used to try and provide some ‘defence’...for the message as much as the messenger...either Roger or Andy christened me Swales’ ‘rear gunner’.
Roger loves to fuel any fire and, to extend the analogy, is much more of ‘precise marksman’ than Swale...we often disagree (perfectly healthily) but he rarely misses the target.

Ah the wishy washy liberal surfaces at last!

Have you heard of the 3R’s Swale? No...not the more common ones, but Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for all our actions.
You appear to have a deluded surfeit of the former and a complete bypass as far as the other two are concerned.
Pointing out your inaccuracies and answering your latest self obsessed ‘epistle’ is far from you ‘rattling my cage’ and as for being ‘over sensitive’ about anything you’ve written...I’ve simply pointed out that you have done what you said you hadn’t.
I’m not wasting time looking for the farewell comments of Ramspride and Southern but you know I’m not lying and the fact that you can’t accept it really isn’t my problem.
Let’s face it Swale, we’re not going to resolve this. You think I’m an outdated ‘old fart’ and I recognise you for the arrogant and bigoted know all you actually are.
Probably best if we just ignore each other from now on...life’s too short and all that. As a parting comment I’ll recommend you read a poem called ‘The Guy in the Glass’. It was written by Dale Wimbrow. He died the year I was born so it’s probably far too old for a bright young thing like yourself. Might just teach you something though.

You forget that you need to earn respect and maybe get a thicker skin.
You also forget about choice - your not forced to read or respond to my posts, but you do so as I say toss out the bait and the silly fishes will come along every time.

jeez I know the average IQ level on internet forums is low but even so I'm amazed!

Changing tune hey Swaley. Your comments to which I replied were "throwing his toys out of the pram" indicating that you think the sackings were in a fit of pique. Now you want bad judgment or decisions answers which is not what I said at all. I said not a fit of pique, albeit not in those exact words.

I will refrain from typing the reasons behind Mac twice, Clement and Pearson being sacked. I have put them up about 27 (exaggeration, I know bit it feels like that many) times in reply to posts of yours in the past week and a bit. You really should try to remember what folk put in posts, especially when you have already said, in those other threads that I surmised some stuff and stated that other stuff was plain wrong and asking where I had it from. When I explained in those other threads that it was you surmising on Lampard getting a higher salary than Rowett and that my post about the KPIs that Clement didn't hit were taken from interviews with Mel on the DCFC website, you decided not to take that particular discussion further.......

Ho hum you inferred the sackings were a fit of pique - I posted throwing his toys out of his pram - which he has if media reports and his own statements are to be believed - I do remember what you post - its based on speculation media repts and rumour so basically its your opinion and interpretation, which is fine, but no less valid than mine to be fair.

If you think Mel has behaved in an entirely rational manner than fine, I happen to think some of his statements and actions to be a touch odd at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Rams News