Rowett asks to leave Derby for Stoke | Vital Football

Rowett asks to leave Derby for Stoke

Will.NFFC

Vital Football Hero
Hahaa oustanding and probably sums up their ambition this coming season! New manager will have no money to spend so assume they'll get a dougie freedman type?

I suspect this says more about Rowett's confidence in not being sacked part way though next year than the relative prospects of the sides.

He'll get slightly more time at Stoke as a new manager and a lot more money to use to buy more time.

At Derby he'll have nothing, he'll have to sell and will probably end up sacked within 4 months

I suspect this says more about Rowett's confidence in not being sacked part way though next year than the relative prospects of the sides.

He'll get slightly more time at Stoke as a new manager and a lot more money to use to buy more time.

At Derby he'll have nothing, he'll have to sell and will probably end up sacked within 4 months
Yeah I was thinking that his job was not the safest going on past shenanigans at the club so Stoke rocking up suits all parties I suppose.

Not sure how much of a squad he will inherit after exits but he should have a decent budget to play with whereas Derby will be cost-cutting again.

The manager merry-go-round spins again.

Derby supposed to be getting £2m for him. Sounds like a good deal, bearing in mind he could be sacked. Now we just need to get that £2m for Jamie Ward..................

Can’t see mad Mel being any more patient with him than our lot were. Would be interesting but can’t see it personally.

Mick M would get them competitive. Proper manager. But would he work for maniac mel? He wouldn't come for Fawaz.

If mad Mel can persuade him, it would be a good fit. Mad Mel succeeds where Fawaz fails - the next chapter.

If mad Mel can persuade him, it would be a good fit. Mad Mel succeeds where Fawaz fails - the next chapter.
Mick has just had a long stint at a club operating in a budget. If the rumours of cost-cutting being needed at Derby are true, would he really want to put himself through that again?

Like us I think the Derby job is one of those interesting combinations of dream job and poison chalice.

Dean Smith would be a good punt for them but it depends if he would want to leave Brentford for not much more than a sideways move.

I suspect this says more about Rowett's confidence in not being sacked part way though next

I think this says a lot about Rowett full stop personally.