Rowe v Wade N/G | Vital Football

Rowe v Wade N/G

valenciagill

Vital Football Hero
The hard left are triggered yet again , with US cities boarding up windows in preparation for riots.
'My body , my choice' they cry.
The very same people who pushed for mandatory covid vaccinations.
What happened to 'my body, my choice' back then ?
The irony is probably lost on them

The hard left are triggered yet again , with US cities boarding up windows in preparation for riots.
Logic and consistency is not a strong point of the Activist Left.

Looking at many of those people and some of the placards, they seem much like those actively campaigning about pronouns and Alphabet Identities.

Yet placards defending the rights of an actual adult woman versus a bunch of cells with "potential" go with the grain of biological fact.
For early abortions, they have a good point.

One wonders how many of the same people campaign to disregard the biology of sex....
...or campaigned for mandatory vaccines.

There is another issue though.
Why are so many issues in the U.S. subject to Supreme Court decisions ?

Why don't legislators make actual laws about the relevant matters - rather than devolve to un-sackable Judges ?

Aside from each side's "fury" over Roe v Wade, it may be good for democracy.
i.e. It allows the voters of each State to have a say in the relevant law.

The UK's Supreme Court has been known to say (roughly):
"This is our interpretation of the law as MPs approved. If you don't like our decision - amend the Law."

No doubt those with a decent well paid job and a few dollars will have the means to travel out of state to another were it will be ok to abort.
The less well off as per the usual will not be so lucky, even if they had some kind of medical insurance I am not so sure the would be covered and abortion does not come cheap in the States.

You can't give someone else a pregnancy that might kill them, and the be spread to others.

Looking at many of those people and some of the placards, they seem much like those actively campaigning about pronouns and Alphabet Identities.

Yet placards defending the rights of an actual adult woman versus a bunch of cells with "potential" go with the grain of biological fact.

One wonders how many of the same people campaign to disregard the biology of sex....
There were/are loads of "lefties" that were/are against mandatory vaccines. Like Brexit, the views on mandatory vaccines wasn't based on what end of the political spectrum you were/are on.

No doubt those with a decent well paid job and a few dollars will have the means to travel out of state to another were it will be ok to abort.
The less well off as per the usual will not be so lucky, even if they had some kind of medical insurance I am not so sure the would be covered and abortion does not come cheap in the States.
I saw some figures that stated some 70% of all abortions in the US are performed in states that will keep the right to abortion. I would imagine a lot will cross state lines, have the money/contacts to abort under the radar and some will go to back street hacks. There will be a lot of kids born to people that don't want them and will end up in care (where there is a significant risk of all types of abuse), some will have an absolutely miserable time in poor or abusive households and some won't make it out of infancy. I really can't see many forced pregnancies ending well for the child.

I saw some figures that stated some 70% of all abortions in the US are performed in states that will keep the right to abortion. I would imagine a lot will cross state lines, have the money/contacts to abort under the radar and some will go to back street hacks. There will be a lot of kids born to people that don't want them and will end up in care (where there is a significant risk of all types of abuse), some will have an absolutely miserable time in poor or abusive households and some won't make it out of infancy. I really can't see many forced pregnancies ending well for the child.

And that’s not even to mention forced full term pregnancies after the event of rape or incest. But hey, some might want to score points and point their finger at ‘lefties’ for some bizarre reason.

Not worth debating with.

Last edited:
Another sad day for women's rights. Old men and religious zealots rule in the US.
If the ladies could only shoot bullets out of their foo foos, then the Supreme Court might leave them alone!

Another sad day for women's rights. Old men and religious zealots rule in the US.
If the ladies could only shoot bullets out of their foo foos, then the Supreme Court might leave them alone!

Some women have a penis , didn't you know ?
Pregnant people , chestfeeding etc , doesn't have to to involve women.
You need to get with the times , vambo

Old men and religious zealots rule in the US.

Some years ago, I was in Texas, in a "dry town" outside of Dallas called Stephenville - and a religious zealot told me that God (he alluded to God being male iirc) made everything. Quickly referencing something i`d heard (previously) on the radio, I replied "If he made everything, he must have been Chinese" - the zealot was stunned into silence - and I couldn`t find a beer anywhere. BTW, I was on my way to Waco - speaking of zealots

Last edited:
The irony here is the identity of those using the decision of an unelected body to restrict the freedom of women to advance spurious arguments. I hesitate to call them arguments more an attempt to identify anything they wish to bang on about with the other side. Politicisation of the law was the cry of the right last week.

Some years ago, I was in Texas, in a "dry town" outside of Dallas called Stephenville - and a religious zealot told me that God (he alluded to God being male iirc) made everything. Quickly referencing something i`d heard (previously) on the radio, I replied "If he made everything, he must have been Chinese" - the zealot was stunned into silence - and I couldn`t find a beer anywhere. BTW, I was on my way to Waco - speaking of zealots

David Koresh , the Waco sect leader , once preached in Walderslade. A fella I once worked with told me of Pip and Jims , a nickname of one of the churches around there , and of Koresh's visit.

Que ??? Makes no sense this ramble ….

There is another issue though.
Why are so many issues in the U.S. subject to Supreme Court decisions ?

Why don't legislators make actual laws about the relevant matters - rather than devolve to un-sackable Judges ?

Aside from each side's "fury" over Roe v Wade, it may be good for democracy.
i.e. It allows the voters of each State to have a say in the relevant law.

The UK's Supreme Court has been known to say (roughly):
"This is our interpretation of the law as MPs approved. If you don't like our decision - amend the Law."

Ahhhhh …. This one does make sense …..

my first thought was it’s a proper right wing move …. But maybe it makes sense for the States to decide …. But that means those ladies in the South States ( mostly) have zero chance of getting an abortion ….. whilst those in democratic states will have access …. Fair ?

The loudest (and most media appealing) parts of a political and religious spectrum are usually at each end. Fortunately, most of the time, reasonable people eventually drive majority common sense into concluding contentious issues.

I wonder whether the situation in the U.S. may follow a similar path to the one in Ireland, which was eventually navigated to a reasonable solution (including an overwhelming referendum majority) that resulted in an amendment of the Irish Constitution.

Despite the entrenched anti-abortion beliefs of some religious zealots and some political zealots, do we really think that they carry the majority view in civilised countries on what is reasonable in the case of Abortion ? Is it not more reasonable for individual women to be the principal deciding factors in whether or not those women have or do not have an abortion ?

Zealots produce good headlines, but reasonableness, and common sense will prevail, eventually !