Round 2 - who did we get? | Vital Football

Round 2 - who did we get?

You can hear the groans in Carlisle from here.

Good draw for us and a very realistic chance of progressing

Home to a bottom-half lower league side. Not for one moment suggesting it's a foregone conclusion, but on paper at least, FA Cup 2nd round draws don't come much better than that.

madrid_gill - 6/11/2017 19:53

Home to a bottom-half lower league side. Not for one moment suggesting it's a foregone conclusion, but on paper at least, FA Cup 2nd round draws don't come much better than that.

Have you not seen our cup record?

Dead set loss on paper I'd say :23:

A good draw for us.It will be tough still,but you want to be at home against lower opposition.It`s one of those that if you`re Carlisle it`s a horrible draw near Christmas having to travel hundreds of miles,for us a good opportunity to reach round three.

Indeed - take in the match and home for Strictly! But luckily for the Gills it's at the home of the Shouting Men

GRSGimmer - 6/11/2017 19:23

Lark - 6/11/2017 19:19

Hopefully no replay will be needed!
Bloody hope so. Just imagine a 700 mile round trip on a cold midweek night in the middle of December.

Very true. Which should make it a good game. They will be trying to win but happy with a draw. We should be all out to win it as i guess there will be very little financial benefit to us in a draw and a huge midweek slog up north.

Skullduggery Pleasan - 6/11/2017 22:49

From the reports on here we weren't too convincing against a lower half National league team. So I don't think it's a given.

:21:

Really? The first half we were completely dominant and actually looked too comfortable going forward.

The second half Leyton Orient realised they had nothing to lose and went for it, and we were on the backfoot. It wasn't our best performance of a second half, but we weren't under the cosh or anything.