Rotherham | Page 8 | Vital Football

Rotherham

I said 1200 away fans, not 1243. Assuming you were one of around 43 clapping wildly. To be honest groaning is being kind, those lads all standing in the rows at the front were doing a lot worse than groaning when Naishite walked past them sheepishly after that little incident.
I didn't see that sheepish walk. I conclude that though we're at the game - if we're hell bent on deriding a particular player we will see positives but make it into negatives. Repeat it a few times and we'd actually think they are facts. Human nature.

I was also stood in front of where he ended up on his backside and as MIW said you could actually see what was about to happen.
I also heard more shouts of encouragement for him than anything else shouted.
Of course you did.

I didn't see that sheepish walk. I conclude that though we're at the game - if we're hell bent on deriding a particular player we will see positives but make it into negatives. Repeat it a few times and we'd actually think they are facts. Human nature.
It's not the player who should be derided it's his boss.
He could have played Fox LB yesterday and a 6ft 6 Olssen to counter the Rotherham giants but hey that would he logical !

Naishite? I think that says a lot about the level of maturity of some posters on here. Not only hides behind a screen and avoids the chance to ask questions of those they constantly criticise but also big and brave enough to stand in the middle of a crowd of 1200 people slagging off someone on the other side of a fence. Absolutely pathetic.
Totally agree. Amazing how many excuses were put forward as to why they were not at last week's forum.

He could have played Fox LB yesterday and a 6ft 6 Olssen to counter the Rotherham giants but hey that would he logical !
Please enlighten me as to why WAFC appointed Paul Cook as the Manager and not your ever so worthy and knowledgeable self?

Therefore Shaun MacDonald missing can only be explained by:

a) Having once upset Gary Roberts or Kal Naismith
b) The worst player at the training ground
b) About to retire
c) Injured
d) On paternity leave
e) Advising the manager to curtail his post match drinking sessions.
f) Doing a Jack Rodwell
Or his injury has affected him more than we'll ever know.

Lets get it into perspective Rotherham had no giants Smith was the tallest and he is 6ft 3ins hardly Land of the Giants was it. (Leon Clarke 6ft 2ins)

Please enlighten me as to why WAFC appointed Paul Cook as the Manager and not your
Is it inappropriate on a football forum to point out alternative solutions ?
The thrust of my post was to agree that the Naismith vendetta is unfair, suggest who is responsible and offer a potential solution.
Not sure that deserves your "grown up" response but each to their own I guess.

Naishite? I think that says a lot about the level of maturity of some posters on here. Not only hides behind a screen and avoids the chance to ask questions of those they constantly criticise but also big and brave enough to stand in the middle of a crowd of 1200 people slagging off someone on the other side of a fence. Absolutely pathetic.
Ah yes that fans forum. Forgot to comment on that. As expected it was run militantly by the club with a Wish FM patsy playing host rather than opening it to the floor. All tough financial questions avoided and manager pulling an Owen Coyle by charming the crowd into submission. As predicted I dodged a bullet missing that shambles.

West Brom away when someone in front of me kept shouting “nooooo” everytime Naishite got the ball was funny but it was different level derision yesterday. Anyway he’ll be out the team for good soon and all this can be put to bed.

Ah yes that fans forum. Forgot to comment on that. As expected it was run militantly by the club with a Wish FM patsy playing host rather than opening it to the floor. All tough financial questions avoided and manager pulling an Owen Coyle by charming the crowd into submission. As predicted I dodged a bullet missing that shambles.

West Brom away when someone in front of me kept shouting “nooooo” everytime Naishite got the ball was funny but it was different level derision yesterday. Anyway he’ll be out the team for good soon and all this can be put to bed.
Not so sure he will be out of the team at all never mind for good !

How would you know how the forum was run? I suppose you heard about it from someone who knows someone who heard something but like you didn't have the guts to leave his bedsit laptop to face the people they bravely insult on here!

I don't get the derision of Naismith. Not a single person is saying he is a great left back, no one is saying he isnt suspect defensivly and no one is saying he should be our long term left back. Everyone agrees on that.

But it feels that is not enough for some and we can't give him any credit where it is due to balance out the justifiable criticism he recieves. His negatives may outweigh his positives but let's have that debate rather than just merciless attacks.

He should never have been expected to learn the position on the job but how fair is it the player cops the stick for the managers choice to do that?

Lets get it into perspective Rotherham had no giants Smith was the tallest and he is 6ft 3ins hardly Land of the Giants was it. (Leon Clarke 6ft 2ins)

In Rotherham starting 11 only about 3 were under 6 foot and at least 5 or 6 of their outfield were way over 6 foot.
Ajai, Wood, Robertson, Crook and Smith must all be 6'3-6'4 and Mattock and Jones weren't small either and they were all the strong battler types decent in air rather than just tall. Not many teams have that many big aerial threats.

Therefore Shaun MacDonald missing can only be explained by:

a) Having once upset Gary Roberts or Kal Naismith
b) The worst player at the training ground
b) About to retire
c) Injured
d) On paternity leave
e) Advising the manager to curtail his post match drinking sessions.
f) Doing a Jack Rodwell

To be fair as Evans went home sick the morning of the game MacDonald probably wasn't even there to bring in. But I'd have called him up and got him to drive over to be on the bench seeing as we had no central mid options.

It's not on the way MacDonald has been treated when he is a viable option that almost certainly would've done a better job than some of the terrible central mids we've used.

Personally I don't think McDonald is that good, though concede he would have been a better option yesterday. Same as mcmanaman he isn't one of the managers favourites so seems futile for folk to be pining after him.

Naismith gets the derision he does because most acknowledge he isn't good enough for this level and shouldn't have been given a 3 year contract. The fact we have no alternative fit left back isn't his fault and some of the criticism should be directed Cook and co's way given when they signed him they claimed he could play there.