Rotherham Fan Comments | Vital Football

Rotherham Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Today sees the team who we pretty much matched and but for a dodgy penalty we would have got a credible draw in the reverse fixture.

They have Matt Cash playing for them I was hearing good things about him on a recent business trip at Bisham Abbey where they have the Sport England academy and scouts occasionally pick up good young players.

Looked like penner to me. Handball stopping a goal bound shot from the Millers.

Get in Smudgey!!

Playing well but they've hit post twice.

Osama Bin Laden getting caught offside a lot for them.

Their centre back is struggling to cope with Smith.

Bin Laden scores 1-1 after initial save by Rodak.

Terrific save from Rodak.

Semi misses a sitter.

How did he miss that? It would’ve been easier to head it on target.

Yeeeeeesss!! Ike Ike booom!

Well played lads!! Deserved overall and not under pressure at end.

Great win - first since 1956 over these.

great win for us against a very ordinary Forest side.

Good game today forest looked knackered at 75th min I still think it should have been 3.

A neutral would not have been able to tell which team were chasing a playoff spot and which team is fighting for survival. Fully deserved and ***** win.

An even game and one we battled out for the three points a well deserved three points.

Ref - on the poor side of average.

Roy Keane - still a knobhead.

Roy Keane standing in front of Vaulks when he was taking that throw in with the Forest bench laughing at his antics.

How far must someone fall to resort to that. Absolutely pathetic..

In the words of Nigel Farage......WELL YOU'RE NOT LAUGHING NOW ARE YOU

Neither is their baldy CH = sore loser

Edit..just looked him up. Unpronounceable names, French, Leicester reject. Bet forest fans hate that.

With Willo and Wiles running at them they couldn't get forward towards the end.
Dispossessed them in midfield and played the closing stages in their half.

Stunning 3 points, still buzzing, this game could have gone either way, but for me we defended better than they did.

Tough game well fought by the lads and we'll earned win. Not used to that sort match this season forest didn't play the usual tippy tappy championship stuff so it looked more even. They did hit the post twice but they were more lucky ones than well worked and their goal should have been cleared, mattock and rodak misunderstanding, a common thread this season misunderstanding with rodak, but his save in second half was top class.

We are fast becoming Forests bogey side

Yes that's twice in 60 years now.

Forest weren't much threat today.

Today I thought Forest played into our hands a bit by being quite direct themselves, but that doesn't detract from what we did and we thoroughly deserved the win.

Considering that we played almost half a game with a back line comprising four centre halves and no genuine full backs, we did well to restrict Forest to very few chances.

Forrest spent 30 million on players in the summer what on agree we played well made them look ordinary only player who looked decent was our old player Grabbon wish we had a natural goal scorer in our team getting on a bit but he knows where the net is.

Still six games to play and the lads are giving everything for a management team they will go through brick walls for. Didn't see a lot of that from the money players of Forest.

Just something I noticed watching the kids at halftime. The goalkeeper of one of teams made a mistake which lead to a goal for the other team and although he made several good saves during the game it meant he was on the losing side .At the final whistle the goalkeeper was clearly upset at his mistake but what took my eye was a young man on the other team, noticing how upset the goalkeeper was he went over to him and put his arm round him to console him when he could have gone to celebrate with the rest of his team . I thought it was absolute class from the young man and a credit to his parents. .That was the first thing that made my day , the 2nd was 3 point for the Millers.

The keeper that made the mistake was my Son. He is still beating himself and thanks for noticing the following saves after that.

The reason why the other player went up to him is that they are team mates on a Sunday and it was a shame that someone had to win.

Cheers CP. Not much to write home about in there but the telling comment was the one that pointed out that you couldn’t tell which team was which. Unfortunately that was all too true.

We continue to be shit against the shit teams.
I wanted to like MON being our manager but my patience has virtually gone with his persistence in playing Ben Watson. One of the worst signings we've made in recent seasons.
Next season i do not want to see Watson or Murphy anywhere near the club and i'd like another club to have the problem of trying to find a position for Osborb.

I wanted to like MON being our manager but my patience has virtually gone with his persistence in playing Ben Watson. One of the worst signings we've made in recent seasons.
Next season i do not want to see Watson or Murphy anywhere near the club and i'd like another club to have the problem of trying to find a position for Osborb.

pmsl. I think these basics are really what would me up this last few dire performances. I slated Karanka at start of the season for playing Watson when I screamed his legs had gone in preseason remember? But at least he fkn grasped it after half a dozen games and he was out in the cold then. Oz at left back when we had our first choice fit is just ... well.. and Murphy, I said al I had to say last year, hes still fkn here lmao.

Mind you.. I did think give BB a run too didnt you? lol

Against a big physical side, why was Robinson on the bench?

MON then takes off both full backs, putting Cash & Colback to full back when Carvalho & Appiah came on!

Tactically, inept - wrong team selection from the outset and the changes he made, then made us disjointed - players did not seem to understand what they were doing.