Rotherham at home | Vital Football

Rotherham at home

Taff, Taff this is football and in this league (the league of sharks nothing is guaranteed)
I expect Rotherham to play tight at the back, draw us on to then and hit us on the brake.

Drag always predicts defeat as to not get his hopes up. We are the favorites but it often comes down to the bounce of the ball. That’s what Rotherham will try yes. Can they do it? Maybe

Rotherham playing tonight at Everton in the Cabero cup, but only starting about 4 of the team likely to start against us. Was hoping they'd play the full side and get a bit more tired ahead of our game.

Must win game for us, if Rotherham are anything like they were last season we'll need to be very wary of their set pieces but also they are quite vunerable to them themselves.

If Dunks and Kipre can win the battle with their monster upfront (Smith) we'll give ourselves a great chance but he is a handful and they play to his strengths.

Hoping Powell, Jacobs and Massey are fit but I'd be suprised if they all were.

I think they will sit back and counter just like most others here! I hope we have the pace and movement up front to break them down. Hopefully have McManaman in the starting xi. Going to go for a 2-1 win!!!

3-1 to the tics and another very good performance. Gregg pen, Dunkley and an own goal. The squad will be itching to get back to winning ways after qpr.

Hello, we have a game on Saturday.

As you're concerned about the state of the forum, I'm a little disappointed in this effort of yours. Why haven't you started this thread with your own thoughts?

Personally, I'm not too concerned about Rotherham. That's bot to say we won't lose or draw, football isn't always straight forward is it. But I will be surprised if we don't win this one.

As I said above, 3-1 to the tics. I correctly forecast we would win at Stoke but lose at QPR so am on a roll.....

I think this will be a different game to the league cup game. Different team for starters.

Bit like Burnley tonight I think a lot of our games are going to be down to inputting chances away. If we do 3-1, if we don't 1-1.

Massey has done his hamstring, so he'll be out for a long time by the looks of it, gutted to see this happen just as he was finding his form.

Jacobs also out for Satruday but sounds like Powell shook off whatever was causing him to hobble about at the end of the QPR game.

So add them 2 to Gibson and Burn and that's 4 of our likely first team all injured within the first 5 games of the season. We're not having much luck this season are we! Our squad already starting to get a little stretched, need McMannaman and Windass to step up now as they get a run in the side as so far neither really shown what they are capable of in their cameos.

2-0 win for me. Early goal from Powell and Dunkley finally starts his goal tally to put the game away late off a corner.

From what I remember last season Rotherham came on a high and were willing to attack. I think this season they'll have a more circumspect approach, something akin to what we saw from most teams last year.

With a couple of injuries to wide men I don't think it'll be the free flowing approach like the last two home fixtures and it'll be a tight contest. Hopefully we don't fall for the sucker punch in becoming over anxious to score. I'd like to see mcmanaman start this one - pointless resigning him if he doesn't. I'll go 1-0, but I wouldn't be surprised if ended up goalless.

Yea I should have added that may have been wishful thinking on his part. He was hobbling no doubt after the game. Hopefully not much more than a month or so.

Hamstrings can be a nightmare to come back from for any player with pace as it's so easy for it to go again. Lets just hope it's a minor strain rather than any type of tear. The fact Massy thinks 3 weeks suggests it's the former rather than the latter which is encouraging. But from what Cook said it sounds like he's thinking it could be longer.

As for Rotherham tomorrow i think it's going to be a really tough game i think Rotherham wont go toe to toe with us and will just like QPR will sit deeper and drag us into a game that limits our pace on the break and suits their more combative style. I think they'll sit deep with 10 behind the ball and look to hit us fast on the break and make the most of set pieces.

I think our injuries will also hurt us as Callum and Windass have not impressed so far and this will be a hard game to try and hit the ground running as they wont be afforded the time and space the lads got against the bigger sides.

I fear this wont be a vintage performance and will be a grinded result. I hope im wrong and we smash them but I'm thinking it will be another QPR type game and i just hope we can come out on the right side of a narrow win.