Ross Barkley | Page 18 | Vital Football

Ross Barkley

He has a football brain so he's always one step ahead of the game. I think he'd be perfectly suited to the VDV role so yeah... why not? He'd certainly spice up our rather redundant attacking options Llorente included.

Really wanted him before his injury, thought he might be a major risk after.

I hope he likes sitting on the bench.

total spurs - 5/1/2018 19:22

Big mistake by us which will come back and bite us

What's the mistake ? Getting into a bidding war and paying huge wages for a crocked player.

I'm not sure we had any chance of signing him anyway.

Nick Real Deal - 5/1/2018 20:00

total spurs - 5/1/2018 19:22

Big mistake by us which will come back and bite us

What's the mistake ? Getting into a bidding war and paying huge wages for a crocked player.

I'm not sure we had any chance of signing him anyway.

Our wage structure is always going to hold us back. No one should get paid more than knae in our team and rumours were barkley wanted more than what kane is getting.

Barkley is ****, he was nothing special in a really poor team and he's not even played at all this season, watch that disappearing act continue for the next few years.

Could be a good football trivia question in 2020, who remembers Ross Barkley ?

Not dissapointed, too much of a risk and his wages will be considerable. Don't think he's the type of player we're missing. Although I would take him over Sissoko any day!

15m is good business in this market. His wages would have been a problem from the start and im sure he was having none of levys bonus top ups when he could just get the full whack at the chavs.

We have been chasing him allegedly for nearly 2 seasons and for what? Was obvious he wanted big money. He was offered 120k a week to stay at Everton.

What a waste of time.

I feel for Everton over this deal. For the player and agent to turn down the deal to Chelsea when the money was £35m, only to complete it 3 months later for £20m less stinks. I would say there is more truth in the conspiracy that Chelsea spoke with Barkly and agent about pulling the deal in Aug and offering Barkley more in wages if he moved waited for the move in Jan.

Barkley has shown his true colours in this deal and in all similar situations I feel a bullet has been dodged by us.

Although, I am even less convinced by the idea of Andre Gomes than I ever was about Barkley.

Dear Levy, can we please sign Pulisic or Gelson Martins - both will sell for more than you buy them for even if it's a new club record signing.