Rose whines on yet again | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rose whines on yet again

Depression can hit anyone no matter what their financial circumstances are. I am holding off any slating of Danny in case there are underlying issues with him. I just hope he can play as he can and do himself justice. I thought he looked a bit timber laden last time out !!
I applaud him for bringing his depression out in the open, in my view more high profile people need to do the same.
That however does not excuse his bleating about how hard footballers have it, he has the benefit of access to the best treatment which many don't.

Top players are well rewarded and looked after. But Danny may have been including all the lower league leagues and players that don't make it . Many top players suffer demons. Gazza being the obvious example but George Best and Tony Adams, Collymore etc come to mind.

Top players are well rewarded and looked after. But Danny may have been including all the lower league leagues and players that don't make it . Many top players suffer demons. Gazza being the obvious example but George Best and Tony Adams, Collymore etc come to mind.
I get your point about lower league player NRD but I seriously doubt Danny boy was thinking of them, many people in life battle demons. My point is most do not have the means to get the best help available, he does if he is still suffering I hope he gets the help he needs. But his comment about not recommending football as a career stinks of someone who sees himself as a victim, that's a bridge too far for me.
As was posted earlier he can walkaway anytime, without the worry of paying a mortgage or how he's going to feed his kids

The message I gleaned from his comments were.....think hard about going into football. He wouldn't necessarily recommend it for everyone. I will read it again though.

Cruel lot you are! So, speak out like Danny and get crucified for it, or bottle it up like Aaron (Lennon) and end up walking down the middle of the street in traffic totally off your rocker.

I thought I was a pessimist, but all this "he (and his agent) know what he's doing" malarkey is sickening to read (however, you are entitled to your own opinion).

Politics at Tottenham? I believe I read interviews some time back with the coolly coiffed David Bentley (yeah he was a tit) and Darren Bent (tit x 2, but he scored goals, even if half of them went in off his shin or his backside) that pointed out the "politics".

I don't see where Rose's openness benefits him, if anything it's to his detriment (damaged goods and all that...notice we've not been hearing much about anyone coming a-calling for his services anymore have we.

Have some compassion the world of the professional isn't our world and we'd be stupid to think that it was, so equating the two and coming up with Rose's lost sense of reality is foolhardy.

Have some compassion and count yourself lucky that you or yours aren't afflicted with similar, but of "our world" problems!

To be fair I think you have missed the point.

How is saying he and his agent know what he is doing is sickening? Massive overreaction.

We are talking about his latest interview not his mental health issues.

Maybe some of us have suffered with severe depression? Maybe some of us have lost loved ones to this disease?

If he has suffered from severe or clinical depression in the past then he has my sympathy. But I never said he hadn't. You just assumed.

I have also worked in the mental health sector. Gained numerous qualifications along the way. I have seen a hell of a lot people with mental health issues.

As of right now he is not suffering from any serious depression. He would not be able to play football or be doing interviews during a world cup if he did.

He may suffer with low mood and suffer with anxiety. Them two are easier to deal with. You would be surprised how many people suffer with these two.

But clinical and severe depression you don't act like he is doing. You either completely shut down and have a serious break down and need sectioning, hit the bottle or drugs or you top your self. You don't just go along normally. It's impossible to do so.

His latest interview about football not being all that is cracked up to be is attention seeking. A pointless interview. Which would have been pushed by his agent.

He should try working 14-16 hour days like doctors who are saving lives. Or working night shifts earning minimum wage.Then he would have something to moan about.

For the record any footballer who has depression should be able to speak out, but this type of interview is not the answer. His agent is a frigging prick and is using him. If anyone is sickening it's that guy.

I have read it again. Nowhere does he mention he is depressed right now. He is making the point that football is not always a bowl of cherries and as a profession he wouldn't advise it carte blanche. How many kids don't make it and waste years of their lives dreaming they might ?

Obviously if there is a super talent he wouldn't discourage them but he might advise of the pitfalls.

Because he is open and vocal he gets slated. Quite refreshing IMO. It's been a closed shop too long. Hence the child abuse and racism that's been swept under the carpet too any times.

I don't have time to read all this dross from him. All about Rose oh poor Rose who gives a fuck now he is also writing about Dele and Dier

I have read it again. Nowhere does he mention he is depressed right now. He is making the point that football is not always a bowl of cherries and as a profession he wouldn't advise it carte blanche. How many kids don't make it and waste years of their lives dreaming they might ?

Obviously if there is a super talent he wouldn't discourage them but he might advise of the pitfalls.

Because he is open and vocal he gets slated. Quite refreshing IMO. It's been a closed shop too long. Hence the child abuse and racism that's been swept under the carpet too any times.

The problem is NRD the real world of working is just as hard and probably a lot worse. Getting paid enough to just survive is more than enough pressure, let alone all the work politics that go on.

A big reason I got out of it. I know you work for yourself as well. I know you get it.

Lower league players can earn a good living. I know a few that earn 10k a week just basic wage.

I don't think anyone thinks being a footballer is plain sailing. But it sure is easier than the real world. A year of Roses wage sets you and your family up for life, that is worth the gamble.

If Rose didn't do his interview last summer I'm sure he would be getting far more credit for his honesty.

Aaron Lennon must have been loaded and still is. But he is a troubled man still.
Plenty of very able sports people who won't make the top grade can go into other aspects other than competing .
I can see where Danny is coming from although he doesn't express himself very well. Having said that, as he has so much empathy with mental health issues, maybe after his playing days he can give something back.

and there are plenty of troubled men who are on the streets with nothing. Some are ex army yet when relieved of their duties don't have a penny and become homeless. Quite a few die in the winter months.

At least footballers have the money to get help.

Sorry Rose doesn't deserve any sympathy with his new interview. He needs to get his head down and focus on getting better mentally and physically.

His agent should be advising him to do so. But of course he isn't as he is using him.

Being depressed and suffering from depression are worlds apart .

To be fair I think you have missed the point.

How is saying he and his agent know what he is doing is sickening? Massive overreaction.

We are talking about his latest interview not his mental health issues.

Maybe some of us have suffered with severe depression? Maybe some of us have lost loved ones to this disease?

If he has suffered from severe or clinical depression in the past then he has my sympathy. But I never said he hadn't. You just assumed.

I have also worked in the mental health sector. Gained numerous qualifications along the way. I have seen a hell of a lot people with mental health issues.

As of right now he is not suffering from any serious depression. He would not be able to play football or be doing interviews during a world cup if he did.

He may suffer with low mood and suffer with anxiety. Them two are easier to deal with. You would be surprised how many people suffer with these two.

But clinical and severe depression you don't act like he is doing. You either completely shut down and have a serious break down and need sectioning, hit the bottle or drugs or you top your self. You don't just go along normally. It's impossible to do so.

His latest interview about football not being all that is cracked up to be is attention seeking. A pointless interview. Which would have been pushed by his agent.

He should try working 14-16 hour days like doctors who are saving lives. Or working night shifts earning minimum wage.Then he would have something to moan about.

For the record any footballer who has depression should be able to speak out, but this type of interview is not the answer. His agent is a frigging prick and is using him. If anyone is sickening it's that guy.

I applaud your statement on doctors and night shift workers....I will add the men and women serving in the military and sometimes paying the ultimate sacrifice.

THIS FFS!
What's your point ? Whether it's now or in the past or on the horizon. Danny could to be fragile mentally and is trying to bring attention to it.It can't be easy admitting frailty in such an environment.

I don't get the unforgiving hostility towards him.