Rose whines on yet again | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rose whines on yet again

What's your point ? Whether it's now or in the past or on the horizon. Danny could to be fragile mentally and is trying to bring attention to it.It can't be easy admitting frailty in such an environment.

I don't get the unforgiving hostility towards him.

I have no hostility towards Rose in regards to him working through depression. Him simply being depressed and unhappy...I could care less about. If he is suffering from depression, he should spend more time getting the help he needs and less time talking to the media about it...priorities?

Also am I missing something...I don’t see many teammates voicing their concern....this tells me alot as well. (May have missed it though)

I have no hostility towards Rose in regards to him working through depression. Him simply being depressed and unhappy...I could care less about. If he is suffering from depression, he should spend more time getting the help he needs and less time talking to the media about it...priorities?

Nail on the head for me. From the interview:

"It led to me seeing a psychologist and I was diagnosed with depression, which nobody knows about."

He added: "I haven't told my mum or my dad, and they are probably going to be really angry reading this, but I've kept it to myself until now."

Who genuinely thinks talking to the press is a way of solving any issue ever? Unless that issue is "I want more attention" or "I want to force myself out of my club".

I'm not saying he's isn't depressed... I'm just questioning his motive. Much like when he went on his rant the first time around - some of what he said was valid, but there was literally no understandable motive of talking shit about your club the day before the season starts and whinging about your salary when you've been injured for months.

Nail on the head for me. From the interview:

"It led to me seeing a psychologist and I was diagnosed with depression, which nobody knows about."

He added: "I haven't told my mum or my dad, and they are probably going to be really angry reading this, but I've kept it to myself until now."

Who genuinely thinks talking to the press is a way of solving any issue ever? Unless that issue is "I want more attention" or "I want to force myself out of my club".

I'm not saying he's isn't depressed... I'm just questioning his motive. Much like when he went on his rant the first time around - some of what he said was valid, but there was literally no understandable motive of talking shit about your club the day before the season starts and whinging about your salary when you've been injured for months.

Just remember that he is looked after by the same agents as Lennon., Walker and a few others that have played a stroke or three - Their reputation for spinning and controlling a situation via PR is second to none.

They're responsible for setting the optics and writing the narrative in my book; players don't and aren't allowed (by contract normally) to do or say anything to the press without the agencies PR people writing the script and ensuring it has the outcome they want it to.

All this maybe genuine, but if it was, both he and Aaron were very badly advised or as their managing agents they dropped the ball (so to speak) - all the big agencies have a small well trained army of people looking after every players needs these days and they're trained to know everything and foresee every whim of their clients and most check/see their clients (depending on his stature) almost every week.

Sorry, seen all this at first hand too many times and my cynical side tells me that it's another form of a strandard spinmeisters show and tell PR stunt to rebuild a players commercial pulling power and a version of 'reconnecting' with fans.

As you might guess, Roses press briefings leading up to this simply feel too constructed to me, but the only one who knows the truth of it, will of course be Danny himself, and his agents.

Last edited:
If Danny is genuinely suffering from depression then he has my sympathy but throughout this saga I think his agent needs to have a long hard look at himself

Get treated Danny and don’t do any more interviews

Does anyone seriously think England would take a player to the WC who is suffering from depression, we need rid of him IMO.