Rose and Paulo gone.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rose and Paulo gone..

W
Elliot Thorpe one of our young players has thanked Danny for his help behind the scenes with the U 23s. Apparently he has been professional and supportive with the group. Maybe a coaching role for Danny is a possibility somewhere. He has a lot of experience and at his peak was one of the best. Amazingly he is still only 30 !!
Who would want to be coached by Danny Rose ?
One day you would be brilliant , next day you would be banging on the managers door , next day you would be inviting a reporter round for afternoon drinks , next day you would be phoning other clubs whose left back had just been injured , and all weekend you would be on the tinternet .
Not for me .

Good luck to you Danny Rose - one of my favourtie players. Keep speaking your mind...you are after all, A MAN.
I don’t mind the speaking your mind bit , but as for the rest , well ,................... he WAS a good left back , I will give him that . ...... So was I .
Didn’t make me better than anybody else , or think I was .

I do wonder whose mind it was that he kept speaking .

W

Who would want to be coached by Danny Rose ?
One day you would be brilliant , next day you would be banging on the managers door , next day you would be inviting a reporter round for afternoon drinks , next day you would be phoning other clubs whose left back had just been injured , and all weekend you would be on the tinternet .
Not for me .
Some of the young players have been grateful of his support and help. He went through a strange spell it is true as have other young men. He has a wealth of experience. He turned up to watch our U 23s in their last match. I dont wish him any more bad times, good luck to him.

Some of the young players have been grateful of his support and help. He went through a strange spell it is true as have other young men. He has a wealth of experience. He turned up to watch our U 23s in their last match. I dont wish him any more bad times, good luck to him.
Understand that Nick , i don’t wish anybody any bad times . But he is just not the role model I think many should be aspiring to . .

Do you think ? Maybe I’m wrong . I’m all for all “ageing “ pros helping the kids , but .....

For me, to put it simply he is part of the me me me millenial generation that is here today.
But I wouldn't wish him any harm, good luck for your future Danny.

Gives a totally different perception of him. A shame it didn’t end too well but will always remember his contributions. Probably the best left back we have had in recent times by a long way. Hope it works out for him.

Yep, despite his actions, I hope he can get a good last 4/5years in, I do wonder who'll take a chance on him - back to Newcastle?

Yep, despite his actions, I hope he can get a good last 4/5years in, I do wonder who'll take a chance on him - back to Newcastle?
When he was at his peak I'll bet he was getting all kinds of whispers by his money men.
Ruined it.
He has something to offer and sounds like he is under the impression the door to the academy is open to him when he chooses.

It's said his relationship with Levy went sour when Danny criticised the clubs transfer strategy of signing nobody's !! Danny was right.

It's said his relationship with Levy went sour when Danny criticised the clubs transfer strategy of signing nobody's !! Danny was right.

You're trying to rewrite history, it went sour long before then when he did his infamous 'I know what I'm worth' BS as he was being tapped up by Jose for the manure having just signed a new deal and then getting injured and sitting on his arse for a year with an injury - the 'google' comment came when he thought he'd still got a move to Manure on the cards and wanted to piss off the Spurs hierarchy to force them to move him on - which we were prepared to do, but then he did his 'mental illness' interview (although there was no evidence of him seeking help from anyone ever) and guess what Manutre said thanks Danny, but no thanks...he'd fcuked himself because he listened to his agent - to try and force his sale.

He must have been the worst advised player in the PL.

You're trying to rewrite history, it went sour long before then when he did his infamous 'I know what I'm worth' BS as he was being tapped up by Jose for the manure having just signed a new deal and then getting injured and sitting on his arse for a year with an injury - the 'google' comment came when he thought he'd still got a move to Manure on the cards and wanted to piss off the Spurs hierarchy to force them to move him on - which we were prepared to do, but then he did his 'mental illness' interview (although there was no evidence of him seeking help from anyone ever) and guess what Manutre said thanks Danny, but no thanks...he'd fcuked himself because he listened to his agent - to try and force his sale.

Rose also wouldn't be the first person to say he's had therapy and lied. It's also very normal for people to sit with a trained psychologist, have a great session and put an action plan together. Then they don't follow up on the solutions that have been suggested to them and struggle to break their individual cycle. I have a feeling that any trained psychologist would also find that evidence you talk about in that video. In fact, I reckon it could be used on a MH training course to help people ID symptoms in their work colleagues. His cognitive function was shot to pieces, regardless of whether he was working angles based on bad advice from others.

Ironically, we still live in a world where we're now fining elite sports stars for admitting to anxiety and depression after they refused to do an interview.

I remember Walker teasing Rose about his pay rise by going to Man City.

Like you I saw through Rose's attitude from the start.

Note I start with....Its said, so its not my words.