Rose and Paulo gone.. | Vital Football

Rose and Paulo gone..

Spursex

Alert Team
#ClubAnnouncement #DannyRose #PauloGazzaniga
Player update
@SpursOfficial
Thu 27 May 2021, 10:00|Tottenham Hotspur

The Club can confirm the departures of Danny Rose and Paulo Gazzaniga following the conclusion of their contracts.
Signed from Leeds United in 2007, left-back Danny spent time on loan at Watford, Peterborough United, Bristol City and Sunderland before establishing himself as a regular in our side during the 2013/14 season.

He went on to make 214 appearances for us, scoring 10 goals, helping us reach the League Cup Final in 2015 and the UEFA Champions League Final in 2019.
He spent the second half of the 2019/20 season on loan at Newcastle United, where he made 13 appearances.

A summer 2017 arrival from Southampton, goalkeeper Paulo made his debut for us in a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace in November of that year and went on to make 37 appearances for us in all competitions.
He spent the second half of the recently-concluded season on loan at Spanish side Elche CF, making a further eight appearances.
We thank Danny and Paulo for their service and wish them well for the future.

And a culling of the development squads too..

The Club can also confirm the departures of Development Squad players Enock Asante, Chay Cooper, Keenan Ferguson, George Marsh, Rodel Richards, Jack Roles, Aaron Skinner, Kazaiah Sterling and Shilow Tracey following the conclusion of their contracts.

Midfielder George made one first team appearance for us in an FA Cup tie at Tranmere Rovers in January, 2019, while striker Kazaiah featured twice for us in senior competitive action against APOEL in the UEFA Champions League in December, 2017, and against Crystal Palace in the FA Cup in January, 2019.
Under-18s players Eddie Carrington and Tarrelle Whittaker have also departed following the conclusion of their scholarships.

We wish them all the best in the next stage of their careers.

Good news all round. We do need these older players away from the U23's so our next gen can backfill.

Said this before, but our 1st team squad isn't bloated. We started this last season with 3 loanees that have all gone back to their parent clubs. We obviously get guys like Sess and Skipp back. It looks like it won't be difficult to shift Foyth and CCV either. With the older players like Sterling, Tracey, Marsh etc going, we're probably quite lean.

It is so different from Harry and AVB times when a major cull was required just to buy a single player.

shame 14 years ends like this for Danny but he brought it on himself. Not much respect for a player who refuses to move to at least play some football as his contract runs down.

Club didn't treat him well but ultimate responsibility lies with the player in that scenario.

Was so good for us at his peak, best LB or our prem era by a distance for a couple of seasons. Hope he finds something fulfilling whether it's in football or outside of it.

Good news all round. We do need these older players away from the U23's so our next gen can backfill.

Said this before, but our 1st team squad isn't bloated. We started this last season with 3 loanees that have all gone back to their parent clubs. We obviously get guys like Sess and Skipp back. It looks like it won't be difficult to shift Foyth and CCV either. With the older players like Sterling, Tracey, Marsh etc going, we're probably quite lean.

It is so different from Harry and AVB times when a major cull was required just to buy a single player.
I note not many uttering Clarke's name?!....have peeps written him off?

Still plenty of deadwood to shift from the 1st team squad.

Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela and Lucas.

Still plenty of deadwood to shift from the 1st team squad.

Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela and Lucas.
IMO, you need to prepare yourself for some disappointment!. Be very surprised if at least half of them are not in the squad next season.

Like you, I want to a see a major clear out, but the new man at the helm may want to try his wand on some of those.

IMO, you need to prepare yourself for some disappointment!. Be very surprised if at least half of them are not in the squad next season.

Like you, I want to a see a major clear out, but the new man at the helm may want to try his wand on some of those.

From RD's list, I think Aurier, Lamela, Toby, Sissoko will join Kane in the departure lounge. I also think that one of Dier and Sanchez will go and one will stay.

I think Doherty and Davies will get one more season. Probably Moura as well, but part of me thinks we might take the money.

There is no way a new manager can looks at Spurs from the outside-in and not see clearly where it is broken.

shame 14 years ends like this for Danny but he brought it on himself. Not much respect for a player who refuses to move to at least play some football as his contract runs down.

Club didn't treat him well but ultimate responsibility lies with the player in that scenario.

Was so good for us at his peak, best LB or our prem era by a distance for a couple of seasons. Hope he finds something fulfilling whether it's in football or outside of it.

My sentiments exactly. But also let's never forget, he did bring this all on himself, and `I suspect he'll keep playing the victim for a while yet.

I'd throw his agent in the mix too!. Ill advised imo.

From RD's list, I think Aurier, Lamela, Toby, Sissoko will join Kane in the departure lounge. I also think that one of Dier and Sanchez will go and one will stay.

I think Doherty and Davies will get one more season. Probably Moura as well, but part of me thinks we might take the money.

There is no way a new manager can looks at Spurs from the outside-in and not see clearly where it is broken.

I could live with Doherty, Sanchez, Davies and Lucas staying for another season.

I'd throw his agent in the mix too!. Ill advised imo.

it all backfired and he doubled down and ran his contract down rather than taking a move to maintain some relevance.

There's actually no good reason other than attitude that he wasn't playing for a low level PL side and potentially knocking on the door for an England place if he'd have got some form going. What a waste.

Good luck to you Danny Rose - one of my favourtie players. Keep speaking your mind...you are after all, A MAN.

Elliot Thorpe one of our young players has thanked Danny for his help behind the scenes with the U 23s. Apparently he has been professional and supportive with the group. Maybe a coaching role for Danny is a possibility somewhere. He has a lot of experience and at his peak was one of the best. Amazingly he is still only 30 !!