Rory Donnelly | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rory Donnelly

I remember that game, last day of the season and we had nothing to play for. It was a beautiful day sun shining, Notts cty scored and I remember thinking I don't care if they win, they bought a big crowd with them who were ecstatic. Then they started wasting time and falling over endlessly which pissed off our supporter's and our response woke up our lads and we beat them 3 - 1

Yeah, I remember feeling the same about them winning until they started messing about. I recall quite vividly for some reason at least one throw in, where no one at all went to take it, all their players started walking away from the ball. Ref had to dish out a card to the nearest one and tell their captain to get on with it.

Ended up quite pleased we turned them over after all that silliness.

Yeah, I remember feeling the same about them winning until they started messing about. I recall quite vividly for some reason at least one throw in, where no one at all went to take it, all their players started walking away from the ball. Ref had to dish out a card to the nearest one and tell their captain to get on with it.

Ended up quite pleased we turned them over after all that silliness.

We equalised really late IIRC, then they folded like a pack of cards and we scored three in as many minutes.

I can't often recall the occupants of the BMS going as batshit mad for a goal as the County fans did when they took the lead that day, it was quite impressive watching from the Rainham End.