Rory Donnelly | Vital Football

Rory Donnelly

We’ve had one play in the Champions League final (Bertrand), and one in the group stages last season (Gazzaniga) - I’m usually interested to know how ex-Gills are getting on, but I have very little concern for Donnelly or the poor level he plays at.

He was a weird one 😂 Released from his previous club for flapping his member about on webcam. Then joins us and has an unbelievable run of form. I often think of that goal at home to Fleetwood, and later thinking he might be at the Euros. It’s a shame he ended up at the magistrates and playing in the Northern Irish League.😂

Last edited:
He was a weird one 😂 Released from his previous club for flapping his member about on webcam. Then joins us and has an unbelievable run of form. I often think of that goal at home to Fleetwood, and later thinking he might be at the Euros. It’s a shame he ended up at the magistrates and playing in the Northern Irish League.😂
Women's underwear 🤣 🤣🤣

I never did find out what happened to him at gfc. He got arrested and then his contract cancelled by us wasnt it? What was it for? I seem to remember some photos of him wearing women's clothes doing the rounds or something?🤷‍♂️ obviously not illegal so not sure what that had to do with it. But they did circulate at the same time.

Last edited:
I never did find out what happened to him at gfc. He got arrested and then his contract cancelled by us wasnt it? What was it for? I seem to remember some photos of him wearing women's clothes doing the rounds or something?🤷‍♂️

Nothing that exciting. Driving without a licence or something like that

Maybe. He seemed to have talent but never consistently showed it.

His arrest was on the eve of the big relegation match at Northampton.

We probably just had enough.

Maybe. He seemed to have talent but never consistently showed it.

His arrest was on the eve of the big relegation match at Northampton.

We probably just had enough.
If i remember rightly by that time he had ultimately gone off the boil after some good early form, and was said to be a big earner. Maybe thats why. I dont know. Its all rumours.

For some reason i thought id heard a rumour he was dating a female gills fan, but he'd been caught playing away, to use a football phrase, and i think when the pictures went around there was some suggestion he might have been with a bloke, hence the hush hush nature of it all as that would be big news for obvious reasons.

No idea if any of its true or some gills oiks overactive imagination. It probably is to be honest. i don't care too much, i dont know why i even remember those rumours. Why on earth is my brain keeping that information when i cant remember the details im currently trying to minute from an important meeting i had today (whats wrong with my priorities?). just wondered what actually happened to him really, or if anyone knew if any of it was true.

If i remember rightly by that time he had ultimately gone off the boil after some good early form, and was said to be a big earner. Maybe thats why. I dont know. Its all rumours.

For some reason i thought id heard a rumour he was dating a female gills fan, but he'd been caught playing away, to use a football phrase, and i think when the pictures went around there was some suggestion he might have been with a bloke, hence the hush hush nature of it all as that would be big news for obvious reasons.

No idea if any of its true or some gills oiks overactive imagination. It probably is to be honest. i don't care too much, i dont know why i even remember those rumours. Why on earth is my brain keeping that information when i cant remember the details im currently trying to minute from an important meeting i had today (whats wrong with my priorities?). just wondered what actually happened to him really, or if anyone knew if any of it was true.

Ha, I suffer from the same affliction. I can remember utter nonsense but also have the ability to completely zone out in a board meeting and start wondering what to have for lunch.... get asked a question about something and bam, back in the room 😂

Unfortunately for Rory I think it was someone who enjoyed cross dressing who happened to look like him.

He was on £1400/ a week according to KM, was he worth £70k a year?

Ha, I suffer from the same affliction. I can remember utter nonsense but also have the ability to completely zone out in a board meeting and start wondering what to have for lunch.... get asked a question about something and bam, back in the room 😂

Unfortunately for Rory I think it was someone who enjoyed cross dressing who happened to look like him.

He was on £1400/ a week according to KM, was he worth £70k a year?
Haha i now have an image of Billy Bleach turning up in your imagination in the corner of your boardroom during a meeting to ask you what youre having for lunch.

I find it amusing that his punishment for driving without a licence...3 penalty points on his licence! As if someone without a licence cares about getting points.

Goal scored against Roy Carroll.

Does he have some kind of history with us? I've got it in my head that I don't like him, but can't remember why :unsure:

Goal scored against Roy Carroll.

Does he have some kind of history with us? I've got it in my head that I don't like him, but can't remember why :unsure:
Got a feeling he was Wigan’s keeper in the 99/00 season. But think he missed out on the playoff final for some reason.

Got a feeling he was Wigan’s keeper in the 99/00 season. But think he missed out on the playoff final for some reason.

Yes, he played for Wigan around that time, and must've played against us quite a few times. But I wouldn't dislike a player just for playing against us, I suspect there may have been some kind of controversial incident involving him.

He played for Notts County when they were desperately tryuing to survive in League Two. They lost at Priestfield and he had some crowd interaction as I remember.

He played for Notts County when they were desperately tryuing to survive in League Two. They lost at Priestfield and he had some crowd interaction as I remember.
I remember that game, last day of the season and we had nothing to play for. It was a beautiful day sun shining, Notts cty scored and I remember thinking I don't care if they win, they bought a big crowd with them who were ecstatic. Then they started wasting time and falling over endlessly which pissed off our supporter's and our response woke up our lads and we beat them 3 - 1