Ronnie O'Sullivan n/g | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ronnie O'Sullivan n/g

Ronnie's obviously The Most Supremely Talented Player That's Ever Graced The Game (TM) and a joy to watch at his best, but his constant whingeing and threatening to retire because he's "fallen out of love with the game" for the past 20 years is incredibly tiresome. Those comments the other day were just graceless.

It's a pity Mark Williams didn't beat him. He genuinely couldn't give a fuck, and is much funnier and more entertaining to boot.
He does love a good whinge. He likes to moan about how the game is run but Hearn (it is him isn't it?) has revived the game in recent years and improved it's worldwide coverage.

Re Williams; it was hilarious a couple of years ago when he won. It was obvious the media didn't want him to. He spoilt their show. Ha ha, good on him.

All of these comments have validity, but these days younger people have their noses stuck on a mobile phone, so he may be right. He may well be trying to get youngsters interested by embarrassing them for the future of the game/promoters.
I would imagine there's far fewer kids spending their time playing snooker or pool.

Sad to say, our local snooker club just closed a few weeks ago. I used to go semi regularly - I never saw any kids there at all. I remember spending many am spent hour up the strood snooker club above woolworths back in the day. I guess theres just not that any more. Maybe its not as attractive as playing fortnite etc. Times move on i suppose.

We were away at the weekend and they had a pool table in the house which the boys absolutely loved.

Joe Davis won the title15 times and that just about spanned the 2nd world war when there was no tournament for a few years. Perhaps less competition but surely he should be considered the best. 15 consecutive titles I believe. But for the war, could well have been 20.

I would imagine there's far fewer kids spending their time playing snooker or pool.

Sad to say, our local snooker club just closed a few weeks ago. I used to go semi regularly - I never saw any kids there at all. I remember spending many am spent hour up the strood snooker club above woolworths back in the day. I guess theres just not that any more. Maybe its not as attractive as playing fortnite etc. Times move on i suppose.

We were away at the weekend and they had a pool table in the house which the boys absolutely loved.
I go regularly to Jordans snooker club in Rainham, where there are about 25 snooker & pool tables. It's usually pretty full with young and old ,and there are two pro players who practice up there regularly: Barry Hawkins, who's in the top 16 in the world and Gerard Greene who's about 80th. Very well looked after tables, I can certainly recommend it

Selby bashing him up in the first four today! Hope he keeps it up....a Selby v Wilson final will do me!

I see there will be a small crowd in attendance for the final this weekend as a trial of letting people go to sports events again. Let’s hope all goes well enough for football to be allowed some fans in stadia come the start of the season.

Just watched the final frame decider of Wilsin v Magill semi final. Omg!! Almost certainly the most amazing frame of snooker ever seen.

Glad Wilson in the final but Magill was soooo unlucky. I'd have blubbed at the end if I were him. Credit to him for his sportsmanship and grace in defeat.

Anyone else on here lucky enough to have seen it.

Gut wrenchingly tense.

Just watched the final frame decider of Wilsin v Magill semi final. Omg!! Almost certainly the most amazing frame of snooker ever seen.

Glad Wilson in the final but Magill was soooo unlucky. I'd have blubbed at the end if I were him. Credit to him for his sportsmanship and grace in defeat.

Gut wrenchingly tense.

Brilliant match right the way through! Just want Selby to finish off O’Sullivan!

Had to laugh at that interviewer who always tries to make the players cry after every match. He couldn't crack McGill, and Wilson started off crying then cheered up.

Great win for Ronnie, superior class told in the end.
Brilliant from Ronnie in the end there. 3 frames in a row, taking century breaks in two of them. Really bitter comments from Selby also in the post match interview. really odd. Sad to see. I can imagine the grief if o'sullivan had said that.

Amusing interview from Ronnie though. He likes a cue action.

Brilliant from Ronnie in the end there. 3 frames in a row, taking century breaks in two of them. Really bitter comments from Selby also in the post match interview. really odd. Sad to see. I can imagine the grief if o'sullivan had said that.

Amusing interview from Ronnie though. He likes a cue action.
I think Ronnie likes to take the piss out of that gormless BBC interviewer Rob.

Had to laugh at that interviewer who always tries to make the players cry after every match. He couldn't crack McGill, and Wilson started off crying then cheered up.
Yes. I remember him (I think it was the same bloke) revelling in poor Gilbert welling up after his loss in the semi final last year. Horrible. Really unpleasant behaviour. Dragged out the interview as long as possible to get him to cry. Absolute prick. I felt really sorry for Gilbert. I'd have felt like punching the little shit interviewer.

Journalism of the lowest order worthy of the Sun rather than the BBC. I actually turned the tv off before it finished.

Gut wrenchingly tense.
Yes what a nerve janging frame that was. Parrott said he'd naver seen anything like it in 44 years; it had everything, even missing balls completely without any contact at all for example. When McGill was snookered for the yellow and missed getting out of that snooker about 8 times, why did Wilson not put him in again as he racked up about 30 odd points in that snooker alone? Is there a limit on how many times you can call a miss does anyone know?

Yes what a nerve janging frame that was. Parrott said he'd naver seen anything like it in 44 years; it had everything, even missing balls completely without any contact at all for example. When McGill was snookered for the yellow and missed getting out of that snooker about 8 times, why did Wilson not put him in again as he racked up about 30 odd points in that snooker alone? Is there a limit on how many times you can call a miss does anyone know?
I didn't know either. I know that if the player fouls (i.e. misses a ball) when an easier option is available, the ref will call foul and a 'miss', and if you miss 3 times then you'll lose the frame. But if you genuinely try the obvious shot and still miss, i think itis just a foul and it can keep on going.

I actually even thought maybe be he just felt embarrassed winning a match via multiple foul in the final frame and felt enough was enough and that it was better for snooker that he didn't progress down that line. It would have been quite bad if he had.

I thought that while interesting and exciting, it was generally an extremely poor frame from a quality point of view. You don't usually see too many of those in the semi-final of the world championships. Tonnes of simple pots missed (for that level), really poor defensive/long play. They didn't seem to be able to handle the pressure at all and played some mad shots. I guess that's the difference between someone like Sullivan/Williams/Selby who can largely handle the pressure.

I think both players will be very unhappy with their play there. O'Sullivan and Selby would have been rubbing their hands watching it.

Good start by Ronnie today. I think after yesterday, Ronnie will be confident if the game gets defensive, like it did in the 8th Frame earlier (which he won).

A long way to go yet though. Maybe Wilson will grow into the game.

Yes. I was wondering about that. Don't know why Wilson chose to take on the shot after another miss. Then the incredible fluke in off the red. Then a load of misses on the remaining red. Then Magill appears to have it in the bag and snookered himself.

Most amazing frame I've ever seen by a country mile. Eclipsed the Davis v Taylor final frame.

Of course with McGill and Wilson, it was the biggest match of their lives, and also the small matter of playing that last frame of snooker for £100,000, as the loser gets £100k and the winner guaranteed £200k for being in the final.
Crikey, I get nervous playing my mate for a fiver!!