Ron Wylie | Vital Football

Ron Wylie

That's sad news.

In the late 60's Ron was part of a coaching scheme in Aston Park and I used to attend with my local mate Steve Hunt who later went on to play for the Villa and England and did a lot better than me!

I have never forgotten just how much you listened to Ron's professional coaching and we learned so much from his great advice.

Not that long ago I spoke with Steve and we mentioned Ron's coaching lessons so that shows just how much of an influence Ron's coaching was for us.

Rest In Peace Ron and thanks for the memories.

2560x1440_12 06 on this day.jpg

Last edited:
RIP Ron. A major player of that era. A classic inside forward, nimble and good at link-up play.
Yes Macca, classy wing half who made the ball do the work. He always said how proud he was to have played for the Villa and work on the coaching staff. Another idiotic sale like Burrows, Hateley and Tommy Thompson.

That's sad news.

In the late 60's Ron was part of a coaching scheme in Aston Park and I used to attend with my local mate Steve Hunt who later went on to play for the Villa and England and did a lot better than me!

I have never forgotten just how much you listened to Ron's professional coaching and we learned so much from his great advice.

I recently spoke with Steve and we mentioned Ron's coaching lessons so that shows just how much of an influence Ron's coaching was for us.

Rest In Peace Ron and thanks for the memories.

View attachment 38715
I knew Steve Hunt very well, and his father. I used to play snooker with them at the Barn Social Club in Witton.
Smashing lad and a good pro.

RIP Ron. A major player of that era. A classic inside forward, nimble and good at link-up play.
You got me thinking Macca, Ron Wylie Inside forward or wing half? Maybe inside forward in his early Villa years but became a wing half in his later career? Young Villans will think we're talking in code.