Rolling Specubollox Thread | Page 133 | Vital Football

Rolling Specubollox Thread

insane and cheeky, we keep him for another year after getting him fit and apparently he has already agreed a 5 year deal

should we sell him for £35m or let him go free next season

insane and cheeky, we keep him for another year after getting him fit and apparently he has already agreed a 5 year deal

should we sell him for £35m or let him go free next season

A 5 year deal with Bayern presumably?

This saga is pissing me off, if he wanted to stay he has had ample opportunity to say so so let's assume he doesn't. He is perfectly entitled to stick to his contract, we offered it and he signed it. It would be great if he signed an extension and then there was an understanding he could leave and we'd get a greater transfer fee than £35m or whatever BM have offered.

But then we would do exactly the same, actually we wouldn't we'd pay whatever the club wanted to get the player but any money coming in will help with FFP. There will be kudos to BM for getting a player from us and demonstrating their greater pulling power and returning us to the status of a selling club, old money trumping new, so to speak. UEFA will be pleased too. Probably best sell now, cut our losses and get rid of, perhaps for nearer £50m.

How good is Sane, is he more an impact player? Would he get a starting berth at City next season, unlikely if Silva and Sterling are on top of their game, and will he be the same player after his long lay off?

That offer is insulting.

Let his contract run down, some things are more important than money.

It's disgusting the way they use the press to try bully clubs into selling.

I believe this all began when Sane was left out of Germany's world cup squad in 2018. They used this opportunity to get into his ear ( if I was paranoid I'd suspect they engineered the whole thing )

Have alway
That offer is insulting.

I believe this all began when Sane was left out of Germany's world cup squad in 2018. They used this opportunity to get into his ear ( if I was paranoid I'd suspect they engineered the whole thing )
Have always rated Leroy, but he appears to have a Pep issue. His main fault is not running back to help the defence enough. If the offer is 35M just keep him and run his contact out. He wants to go home, so make him wait.

A 5 year deal with Bayern presumably?

This saga is pissing me off, if he wanted to stay he has had ample opportunity to say so so let's assume he doesn't. He is perfectly entitled to stick to his contract, we offered it and he signed it. It would be great if he signed an extension and then there was an understanding he could leave and we'd get a greater transfer fee than £35m or whatever BM have offered.

But then we would do exactly the same, actually we wouldn't we'd pay whatever the club wanted to get the player but any money coming in will help with FFP. There will be kudos to BM for getting a player from us and demonstrating their greater pulling power and returning us to the status of a selling club, old money trumping new, so to speak. UEFA will be pleased too. Probably best sell now, cut our losses and get rid of, perhaps for nearer £50m.

How good is Sane, is he more an impact player? Would he get a starting berth at City next season, unlikely if Silva and Sterling are on top of their game, and will he be the same player after his long lay off?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8292913/Manchester-City-prepared-let-Leroy-Sane-leave-FREE-year.html
Daily Mail
The Germany international's new agent recently detailed that Bayern are the only German club he would consider joining yet claimed others around Europe are tracking his situation.
There is a suggestion that his camp has agreed terms on a five-year contract with Bayern, but City would rather he leave for nothing next year than sell on the cheap.

It is not I mind him going because if he is not happy he is going to be no good to us, but Bayern have played this transfer out in the media and think that they can have their man for less than he is worth, in that case yes he can go when he is a year older and they will get him for free

Have alway

Have always rated Leroy, but he appears to have a Pep issue. His main fault is not running back to help the defence enough. If the offer is 35M just keep him and run his contact out. He wants to go home, so make him wait.

He can be brilliant when he is in the mood, but I think Mendy's inclusion in the side rather negated Sane's effectiveness and as a result, he was benched more times than not, whereas I would have brought him inside to a more central position and I think personally he is better than Sterling, but now it is a question of what we intend to do with Bayern who have bad mouthed City for a long time and are amongst those who has voiced their feeling towards City, not good ones I might add and now they just want to take him for what they are offering, well he can stay is contract is not up yet.

That offer is insulting.

quite so BD

That offer is insulting.

Spot on. He has made his bed. Let him lie on it in the reserves if necessary. Tired of getting shafted. Bayern have played this out through the media just like Real Madrid are famous for and they are front and centre in the moves to sink us with FFP/UEFA.

:finger:

Bayern won't expect to get him for £35m so why not settle for £50?

FFP has been the bane in our life for so long and can we afford to let £50m go? Think of the money we've wasted on Mangala etc can we afford to throw away £50 just to 'teach Sane/Bayern a lesson?' The guy clearly doesn't want to stay at the club so let him go for a compromised fee.

Spot on. He has made his bed. Let him lie on it in the reserves if necessary. Tired of getting shafted. Bayern have played this out through the media just like Real Madrid are famous for and they are front and centre in the moves to sink us with FFP/UEFA.

:finger:

We don't have a reserve side. The Pontin's League is long gone...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8292913/Manchester-City-prepared-let-Leroy-Sane-leave-FREE-year.html
Daily Mail
The Germany international's new agent recently detailed that Bayern are the only German club he would consider joining yet claimed others around Europe are tracking his situation.
There is a suggestion that his camp has agreed terms on a five-year contract with Bayern, but City would rather he leave for nothing next year than sell on the cheap.

It is not I mind him going because if he is not happy he is going to be no good to us, but Bayern have played this transfer out in the media and think that they can have their man for less than he is worth, in that case yes he can go when he is a year older and they will get him for free

Makes neither business nor financial sense - we'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face. Basically one of our employees has been headhunted by a rival firm, we can't afford to have an unhappy player and nor can we afford to lose out on (potentially) £50m so sell him as he obviously wants to go (but not for £35).

Makes neither business nor financial sense - we'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face. Basically one of our employees has been headhunted by a rival firm, we can't afford to have an unhappy player and nor can we afford to lose out on (potentially) £50m so sell him as he obviously wants to go (but not for £35).
it might not make sense Kenny, but the principal of not bowing to a continuous media led sale after al, they have done in the effort to besmirch our club, I think we would rather give him away next season or give it another 12 months to get him to sign another contract and another year older of not having regular football, but I think we would sell him to any other club rather than Bayern