Rolling Specubollox Thread | Page 132 | Vital Football

Rolling Specubollox Thread

Liverpool and Man City 'risk' being expelled from Champions League

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-man-city-risk-being-21806449

The lawyers will have a field day whatever happens. This is UEFA walking loudly and carrying a small stick. I am pretty certain that despite all the bluster about “competition regulation” the extraordinary, unforeseen circumstances in which everyone is now living their lives would present sufficient basis for challenging any such decision. This is UEFA once again putting money above safety and showing just what a venal, self interested bunch they are.

This current crisis is exposing a side of football which I am finding increasingly distasteful and it is putting me right off.

The lawyers will have a field day whatever happens. This is UEFA walking loudly and carrying a small stick. I am pretty certain that despite all the bluster about “competition regulation” the extraordinary, unforeseen circumstances in which everyone is now living their lives would present sufficient basis for challenging any such decision. This is UEFA once again putting money above safety and showing just what a venal, self interested bunch they are.

This current crisis is exposing a side of football which I am finding increasingly distasteful and it is putting me right off.

you would think that the simplest answer would be if this season is expunged, then they should revert back to the previous seasons' final table to decide the European places unless of course, we get to play any sort of football this year as the virus ravages the planet. and the economy has to recover world wide.

you would think that the simplest answer would be if this season is expunged, then they should revert back to the previous seasons' final table to decide the European places unless of course, we get to play any sort of football this year as the virus ravages the planet. and the economy has to recover world wide.
Exactly. The dippers may not like it but it is tough 🤬 The thought that an intensive care bed might be required because a footballer earning hundreds of thousands of pounds more than the nurse treating them has broken their leg or suffered a head injury makes my blood boil. It really is NOT important in the grand scheme of things, it really isn’t.

Sorry, the thought that our son has to walk into danger every time he crosses the threshold of the hospital really focuses my mind. Those nurses that died yesterday weren’t much older than him 😥

Exactly. The dippers may not like it but it is tough 🤬 The thought that an intensive care bed might be required because a footballer earning hundreds of thousands of pounds more than the nurse treating them has broken their leg or suffered a head injury makes my blood boil. It really is NOT important in the grand scheme of things, it really isn’t.

Sorry, the thought that our son has to walk into danger every time he crosses the threshold of the hospital really focuses my mind. Those nurses that died yesterday weren’t much older than him 😥

Hope your son stays safe - such important work in such awful times.

Back to the footie - there is no guarantee that the next season will be able to start in August, what if it can't begin until say November. What there are rolling lockdowns for the remainder of the year? Why not use the time to complete this season, maybe call it the 2019 - 2021 season before players have a good rest before the Euros start - and they could begin in May giving players a longer break before the 2021/2 season starts.

Everything comes back t whether the NHS can cope with potential casualties, at least in the UK.

Hope your son stays safe - such important work in such awful times.

Back to the footie - there is no guarantee that the next season will be able to start in August, what if it can't begin until say November. What there are rolling lockdowns for the remainder of the year? Why not use the time to complete this season, maybe call it the 2019 - 2021 season before players have a good rest before the Euros start - and they could begin in May giving players a longer break before the 2021/2 season starts.

Everything comes back t whether the NHS can cope with potential casualties, at least in the UK.

this is so true, rather than hoping to revive a season, which has had such a long break the players will not be at their best and besides putting themselves at risk of their lives should be looking how to save next season rather than this one.

this is so true, rather than hoping to revive a season, which has had such a long break the players will not be at their best and besides putting themselves at risk of their lives should be looking how to save next season rather than this one.

We don't know when football can resume. What if it isn't until say October/November, how will next season be fitted in having lost 2.5 months? Instead of saving next season you would be jeopardising it, as well as losing the current one.

Why not complete this season, as and when. Follow it with a break before the Euros and then a break between them and the new season. The players will not be putting themselves at risk, instead they would be rested and therefore have less chance of injury/burnout.

This would seem to be a more measured approach rather than simply ditching this season and hoping that everything is ok by August - which at this stage would appear unlikely, especially with the possibility of further lockdowns in the future.