Rolling Specubollox Thread | Page 126 | Vital Football

Rolling Specubollox Thread

Will not happen in this window, but I think JS will be moved on in the summer, he is just not quite good enough I feel.

A talent but something is inhibiting him stepping to the next level. I think if he could be encouraged, coached to take one less touch it could help speed up his game - he can dwell a fraction too long with the ball at his feet I feel. They can't all be blessed with the vision of a De Bruyne I know but he has the whole picture in front of him most of the time. Enough to have a good idea of what he's going to do with the ball once he receives it.

I always have to smile though whenever I see him standing with his arms held wide to attract the attention of whichever defensive team mate has the ball 😅

So, we are going to shift a player in a position we are already thin in? This is a good example of modern journalism. 😑

It fits the title of this thread perfectly I feel.

Honestly, the media publish so much of the horse :bull: each transfer window and they are never held to account. I know much of it is planted by clubs or players agents but ffs they really ought to be accountable for the accuracy of the rumours they are responsible for publishing. Without solid documented evidence they should be telling agents etc to do one.....

I know, I know. Cloud cuckoo land. They are only interested in clicks etc and the truth has zero bearing on these matters :rant:

It fits the title of this thread perfectly I feel.

Honestly, the media publish so much of the horse :bull: each transfer window and they are never held to account. I know much of it is planted by clubs or players agents but ffs they really ought to be accountable for the accuracy of the rumours they are responsible for publishing. Without solid documented evidence they should be telling agents etc to do one.....

I know, I know. Cloud cuckoo land. They are only interested in clicks etc and the truth has zero bearing on these matters :rant:
The landscape of the media has changed. It is more important to be first with something, than to fact check the veracity of the information. Whether it's correct is secondary to being first.

The Sun have apparently removed that Stones story.
I think the must have had a call from a legal firm, as it suggested actual facts with no evidence to back up the story, a story which was quickly refuted by City in that they said no way would he leave in this window, or was there a suggestion of tapping up?

I am not sure Pep expected Arteta to leave but maybe all was not rosey in the camp anyway

I think the must have had a call from a legal firm, as it suggested actual facts with no evidence to back up the story, a story which was quickly refuted by City in that they said no way would he leave in this window, or was there a suggestion of tapping up?

I am not sure Pep expected Arteta to leave but maybe all was not rosey in the camp anyway

It had all the hallmarks of tapping up IMO. The story may have disappeared but don’t be surprised if the question of John Stones’s future isn’t raised by some hack at this week’s press conference. That is how this sh*t works. Plant a story no matter how untrue or lacking in substance........get a headline ........and hey presto you now have ammunition for a question. As soon as the manager says “no X is not leaving” you can create your next headline “Ron Manager denies a move for player X (linked with club Y)........and so when they speak to the coach at club Y..........etc etc

Arteta always looked so damn miserable sat next to Pep.

It had all the hallmarks of tapping up IMO. The story may have disappeared but don’t be surprised if the question of John Stones’s future isn’t raised by some hack at this week’s press conference. That is how this sh*t works. Plant a story no matter how untrue or lacking in substance........get a headline ........and hey presto you now have ammunition for a question. As soon as the manager says “no X is not leaving” you can create your next headline “Ron Manager denies a move for player X (linked with club Y)........and so when they speak to the coach at club Y..........etc etc

Arteta always looked so damn miserable sat next to Pep.

and it's us that has to defend what they put.