Rolling Specubollox Thread | Page 86 | Vital Football

Rolling Specubollox Thread

SSN are now runnng a yellow strapline saying “Sky sources dismiss reports Jose Mourinho will be sacked as Manchester United manager” #keepjose@utd

SSN are now runnng a yellow strapline saying “Sky sources dismiss reports Jose Mourinho will be sacked as Manchester United manager” #keepjose@utd

Fake news, smoke and mirrors, disinformation!

#keepjose@utd, #iamwithjose

I think he is doing a fabulous job there

“Sky sources” could be anything from someone in their SSNews office to the cleaner at OT.

Just caught Ratboy’s interview after the Brighton vWHU game last evening. He certainly crossed the line between being a professional broadcaster into being a Rag fan pretty quickly and pretty inappropriately. Just when they should be showing a dispassionate view of what is going on, they give this ex-rag air time to create their own headlines :wagging:

And now the strapline has changed to “Manchester United dismiss reports manager Jose Mourinho will be sacked as nonsense”.
(y)

A scrappy win courtesy of a dubiously awarded last minute penalty which the 'Keeper saves but is scored on the follow through after the visitors are reduced to eight men following dismissals/injuries will do me.

On the one hand I can see justification for Sancho deciding to leave - regular starts for Dortmund and now selection for the England senior squads ahead of the equally talented Phil Foden who has stayed at City.

On the other side, the subtle or not-so-subtle portrayal as this being part of the “young English talent not getting a ‘fair shake’ at Mega-spenders-They’re-Ruining-English-Football-Manchester City” narrative hacks me off.

City offered him terms and he chose to leave. He is clearly talented and there is every possibility that Pep would have improved him........just perhaps not as fast as he would like. No one can know whether his progress would have accelerated or been slowed had he remained at the club but it remains to be seen which career will have longevity.

I suspect Sancho used the CFA as a finishing school, he was well aware how difficult it is to break into City's senior squad before he signed and he was also well aware of the level of coaching he'd get and exposure through playing in the under19 CL.

Have to give him credit though for having the balls to go to Dortmund and he's properly seizing every opportunity he's getting this season. I would say this could be great for the future of the English national side if he could inspire other English youngsters to follow suit, young lads playing senior football on a regular basis right at the top of the European game but then there's the Brexit which will likely put a stop to it as visas become an issue.