Rolling Specubollox Thread | Page 81 | Vital Football

Rolling Specubollox Thread

De Laurentiis MO = Money.

Probably end up not bringing in anyone.

May be Delph will find some kind of role in midfield.

Paredes anyone ?

Problem now is, having failed to sign our target & with the transfer window closing in just under month’s time we are ripe for price-gouging by any clubs we approach to sign one of their players. We will be regarded as desperate and so they will ramp up the transfer fee accordingly.

We are already stronger than last season - the only major player to have left is Kipling and he was a rarely used squad player and we have replaced and improved upon him (in numbers if not position) with Mahrez.

Blue Mendy will be like a new player considering he missed practically all last season - so if we get anyone else it will be a bonus. Plus this will give playing time to Delph and Gundogan.

Also maybe hang onto Zinchenko rather than selling?

I'm assuming there is no one in the youth team who could step up for the League Cup etc?

We are already stronger than last season - the only major player to have left is Kipling and he was a rarely used squad player and we have replaced and improved upon him (in numbers if not position) with Mahrez.

Blue Mendy will be like a new player considering he missed practically all last season - so if we get anyone else it will be a bonus. Plus this will give playing time to Delph and Gundogan.

Also maybe hang onto Zinchenko rather than selling?

I'm assuming there is no one in the youth team who could step up for the League Cup etc?
When are you going to get an avatar, KCT? That great big K makes me think of Kellogg’s cornflakes with ice cold milk and it makes me hungry.

When are you going to get an avatar, KCT? That great big K makes me think of Kellogg’s cornflakes with ice cold milk and it makes me hungry.

I've not really investigated - a couple of years ago I tried to add some of those emoji's but messed it up - think just some numbers or symbols came up instead. I suspect I'm viewed (rightly) as a bit of a twat and didn't really want to endorse the fact. :-) (smiley face).

I've not really investigated - a couple of years ago I tried to add some of those emoji's but messed it up - think just some numbers or symbols came up instead. I suspect I'm viewed (rightly) as a bit of a twat and didn't really want to endorse the fact. :-) (smiley face).
Fair enough. I’ll think of it as Special K, which is not as nice as cornflakes but it is less fattening.
:loser:

Fair enough. I’ll think of it as Special K, which is not as nice as cornflakes but it is less fattening.
:loser:

I'm afraid I have to take this point up with you: having eaten copious amounts of both through the years I probably prefer Special K(evin de Bruyne) although overall I enjoy a bowl or five of Bran Flakes best of all. :-) (another smiley face).

Liverpool supposedly bidding over £60m (yes, sixty million) for Allyson.

How much stick did we take for the fee we paid for Ederson?

I thought only City could be guilty of ‘ruining football’ by spending money on players? Or did I get that wrong?

Liverpool supposedly bidding over £60m (yes, sixty million) for Allyson.

How much stick did we take for the fee we paid for Ederson?

I thought only City could be guilty of ‘ruining football’ by spending money on players? Or did I get that wrong?

Other than on this site it's been a while since I've read anything about us 'ruining football'.

As for Allison, good 'keeper - maybe if Liverpool had bought him 12 months ago they'd be the current holders of the CL. We'll never know.

However if they buy him and he contributes a large percentage to a successful campaign, as Ederson has for us then it will be money well spent - likewise Mahrez for us who has cost a similar amount, hopefully he will prove to be a major cog in a title winning machine!

Scousers pay 30m more for Allison than we paid for our Brazilian. Madness. They are the biggest hypocrites in the EPL by a distance.
Klopp said he would not buy a title and laid into the rags when whey got ripped buying Pogba. W.anker.

Expecting a marquee signing any day now at the Swamp. Maureen cant be happy with his lot.

Last season the media went bonkers, absolutely apoplectic, about the fees we paid for Walker, Mendy etc and totally lost the plot when we forked out £30m for a goalkeeper. The hypocrisy of the football media does my head in at times. Liverpool are immune from such comment though. Best headline of the week though had to be the Liverpool Chief Exec saying that “It’s only a matter of time before Klopp wins a trophy”......he has had three seasons

Ironically the only way to counteract the 'buying success' argument might be to buy an unnoticed talent from a lower league club for a nominal fee before developing him into a first team regular and Mancunian household name. The issue then would be that we were contributing to lower league poverty by not stumping up a wad of cash.

Everyone is trying to buy success - in light of the fees for Neymar, M'Bappe etc only paying £60m for Mahrez makes me wonder if we are serious about trying to buy, sorry win next terms CL trophy.

Tense, nervous headache? It’s because nothing is happenng signing-wise, I just realised that the bleedin’ window closes early this season and we’ve signed Mahrez :rolleyes: and no-one else yet. City, get your finger out. Others are strengthening so we have to, to keep up.

Basically we have strengthened, Mendy is back after being a year out, Mahrez has joined, I expect Foden to be used more this season not just in the domestic comps, Stones and Kompany appear to be back to full fitness.
Fernandinho is still with us and we will look to utilize Gundogan and Delph in that position to give Ferna a rest.
yes we missed out on Jorginho but he was always going to be a squad player and apart from a striker which I thought we needed because Gabby Jesus is not hitting the back of the net often enough we should be ok to finish top four and maybe pick up a trophy.

Well unless I've missed anything the rags and Chelsea have each signed a defensive MF, Arsenal are doing their own thing, Spuds haven't signed anyone which just leaves...Liverpool, who have really got a wiggle on spending wise.