Rolling Results Thread 2020/21 Season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread 2020/21 Season

All that counts is the result, but what a poor game of football. England were very ordinary for most of the game.

England were playing the International football equivalent of Wimbledon so I am willing to cut them some slack this time. Iceland committed many petty fouls which either disrupted play through free kicks but more often simply involved them getting hands-on enough (pushing, grabbing) to interfere with good play but not enough to have the referee penalise them with a free kick and a booking for repeat offences. The poor officiating did not help and was summed up by the wrong decision to deny Kane’s goal in the first 5 minutes.

England were playing the International football equivalent of Wimbledon so I am willing to cut them some slack this time. Iceland committed many petty fouls which either disrupted play through free kicks but more often simply involved them getting hands-on enough (pushing, grabbing) to interfere with good play but not enough to have the referee penalise them with a free kick and a booking for repeat offenses. The poor officiating did not help and was summed up by the wrong decision to deny Kane’s goal in the first 5 minutes.
A bit one eyed there Skoorb, Iceland were missing their best players and England were very ordinary observing as a neutral.

A bit one eyed there Skoorb, Iceland were missing their best players and England were very ordinary observing as a neutral.

Yeah - I take nothing away from England's ordinariness and Iceland did what they had to in disrupting their opponent. I just get frustrated when the officials let so many 'minor' infringements (shoves, tugs, leaving their foot in, toppling over really easily) go without sanction for the offence of 'Persistent foul play'.