Rolling Results Thread 2019/20 | Page 215 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread 2019/20

I noted that all the chat on BBC R5Liver-pool this morning was abouthow they “dominated the game”, had “70% possession”, “16 corners” and “30+ shots”........

Funnily enough they didn’t make the same points after the rags beat us at the weekend. That had a different narrative.

Looks lije the dippers have their next goal keeping scapegoat....

"Adrián should take most of the blame for being horrible in goal." (posted on BBC sport 'reaction' page)

.........well it was. I went back to select the link to the page and lo and behold this negative comment has been removed. :unsure: Hmmmm.

Selective editing in play within the BBC Sports team this morning methinks!

Looks lije the dippers have their next goal keeping scapegoat....

"Adrián should take most of the blame for being horrible in goal." (posted on BBC sport 'reaction' page)

.........well it was. I went back to select the link to the page and lo and behold this negative comment has been removed. :unsure: Hmmmm.

Selective editing in play within the BBC Sports team this morning methinks!
I saw on Sky last night that a reporter was asking if Allison had been in goal would he have saved any goals going in and taken Liverpool through (these people get paid in real money)

I saw on Sky last night that a reporter was asking if Allison had been in goal would he have saved any goals going in and taken Liverpool through (these people get paid in real money)
I know. It's remarkable isn't it?

Klopp's bitterness was evident in his comments. FFS. They don't like it up 'em do they. That's the trouble when youwin all the time - you can't cope with anything going wrong.

I think he was going to say that we had all the possession and corners and shots and that they were lucky, in the famous Skoorb saying, welcome to our world. I think they have now become the team to beat

I think he was going to say that we had all the possession and corners and shots and that they were lucky, in the famous Skoorb saying, welcome to our world. I think they have now become the team to beat
Let's hope everyone now starts pulling up trees when they play them or packing their defences. I really haven't seen much evidence this season of opponents sitting deep, with flat back 9s waiting for a set piece or counter. Atletico defended deep last night, backs to the wall stuff early doors and it frustrated hell out of Klopp. They resorted to slinging the ball in from wide nearly every time they attacked - that is where to stifle them, that service from their full backs.

Let's hope everyone now starts pulling up trees when they play them or packing their defences. I really haven't seen much evidence this season of opponents sitting deep, with flat back 9s waiting for a set piece or counter. Atletico defended deep last night, backs to the wall stuff early doors and it frustrated hell out of Klopp. They resorted to slinging the ball in from wide nearly every time they attacked - that is where to stifle them, that service from their full backs.

Yeah, think nuffifying their full back threat probably gos a long way towards blunting their attacking edge. Maybe with recent results they are losing some of their fear factor...? Anyway just glad to see the back of them from the tournament, just need to finish off the job against Real and start preparing for the next round.

Also been reading about comments their 'fans' have been making re Adrian - utterly despicable.

89851652_1815519748584831_6630710531793616896_o.jpg

Well, it’s back.
First up Villa v Sheffield Utd.
Kick-off 18:00
From the BBC website:
There are SIX changes to the Aston Villa starting line-up from their 4-0 defeat to Leicester in the last Premier League match 100 days ago.
Pepe Reina, Marvelous Nakamba, Ahmed Elmohamady and Mbwana Samatta all drop to the bench but Bjorn Engels and Frederic Guilbert are not in the squad.
Orjan Nyland starts in goal, while John McGinn, Ezri Konsa, Anwar El Ghazi, Kortney Hause and Keinan Davis also start.
Aston Villa XI: Nyland, Luiz, McGinn, Grealish, Houlihane, Ngoyo, Targett, El Ghazi, Hause, Davis, Mings
Subs: Reina, Taylor, Nakamba, Trezeguet, Baton, Samatta, Jota, Elmohamady, Vassilev

There are two changes to the Sheffield United side who beat Norwich 1-0 in their last fixture.
In comes Jack Robinson and Sander Berge, replacing John Fleck and Jack O'Connell, who miss out through injury.
Sheffield United XI: Henderson, Baldock, Stevens, Basham, Lundstram, McBurnie, Sharp, Egan, Norwood, Robinson, Berge
Subs: Moore, L Freeman, Jagielka, McGoldrick, K Freeman, Mousset, Osborn, Clarke, Rodwell