Rolling Results Thread 2019/20 | Page 30 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread 2019/20

So in the two games, Gundog, Leroy and KDB all score.
A very good night for our lads.
Now they can all go on their jollies and, as far as I know, no injuries.

I see the US women's team are getting stick for celebrating their goals in their record breaking thrashing of Thailand, why wouldn't they?

It's almost as bad as being accused of disrespecting them by playing to their full potential against them.

I see the US women's team are getting stick for celebrating their goals in their record breaking thrashing of Thailand, why wouldn't they?

It's almost as bad as being accused of disrespecting them by playing to their full potential against them.
Yep, sounds familiar.

It's all well and good FIFA ensuring all nations can have a team in the women's world cup but if they are very poor, then they must expect this kind of humiliation.
No-one should bleat "show them some mercy and don't celebrate 13 goals" when teams like this are in the competition as clearly they are way out of their depth.

We know what that feels like. As Rising said, FIFA may very well be trying to grow the game, but this sort of outcome is always on the cards when you stretch the size of the tournament to include teams so far behind the leading countries. Apparently there are only around 1,000 women playing football in Thailand at present - surely that us where FIFA, should be directing their efforts and not inconsiderable financial resources.

We know what that feels like. As Rising said, FIFA may very well be trying to grow the game, but this sort of outcome is always on the cards when you stretch the size of the tournament to include teams so far behind the leading countries. Apparently there are only around 1,000 women playing football in Thailand at present - surely that us where FIFA, should be directing their efforts and not inconsiderable financial resources.
It's a shitstorm over here to be sure. But this is the WORLD CUP. Every win should be celebrated, nevermind scoring 13 goals. That would be hard to do against a team of grannies. It's just a sign of the times, if you hurt someone's feelings, you must be admonished.

It's a shitstorm over here to be sure. But this is the WORLD CUP. Every win should be celebrated, nevermind scoring 13 goals. That would be hard to do against a team of grannies. It's just a sign of the times, if you hurt someone's feelings, you must be admonished.

Spot on this is not a friendly and GD could be a factor at the end of the day, FIFA in are saying that here are the best teams at the World Cup. Thailand will grow from this and come back stronger.

I do not find it wrong to celebrate scoring at any level and Pep will tell you don't feel sorry for them they would not feel sorry for you

The offside rule drives me crazy. Long gone are the days of giving the attacker the advantage - there was one if Sergio's goals ruled out last season by the length of a stud or the tip of his boot. The idea that because someone's knobbly kneecap is 3mm in front of the defenders and therefore constitutes an advantage baffles me.

Watching the Brazil v Aussie Women's match has brought up an interesting question regarding VAR, how far back to you check for an infringement by the scoring side?

What happened Buzz?

Aussie Women had VAR check a Penalty appeal, but they rolled it back to a handball sometime earlier.

I personally did not think it was an intentional handball, but it all turned out well in the end as the Matildas won 3-2 after being 2-0 down, full of controversy and the Women cheat just as much as the men do.