Rolling Results Thread 2019/20 | Page 48 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread 2019/20

Klopp’s post match antics (his bizarre Rocky movie reference) has endeared him to the football media I see. Twat. His jocular, ‘hail fellow, well met’ persona appears to be something which the hacks and pundits love.

Frankly I think he is more like the boorish bloke you meet down the pub - good for a laugh but the fun quickly wears thin.

By comparison it struck me that the media view of Pep is more like ‘the smartest kid in the class’ & they still struggle with the dilemma that after all their prognosticatons about how he would struggle in the Premier League they can’t quite shake off their frustration at being proved wrong.

Arsenal 1 Burnley 0 17 mins

Just seen the Arsenal midfielder Nelson lose possession in the Burnley half, chase back and then commit a foul in the centre circle to stop the opposition breaking forward.

This is described as "tracking back" and then "the important thing is that Nelson gets back in after losing it, there's a reaction....okay he gives the foul away but it keeps Arsenal compact".

At no point is it described as a 'tactical foul' which is exactly what they would have said had that been Fernandinho or Rodri or, for that matter, any of our players.

It was no different but just shows how conditioned the commentators now are to only using this language when it applies to City. Such a pile of :bull:

.....and Maitland-Niles commits a foul on the halfway line as Burnley break & Arsenal are out of shape.

Not questioned by the commentary team of Fletcher & Keown. :arrghh: