Rolling Results Thread 2019/20 | Page 32 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread 2019/20

Now 4 nil. It looks like Chelsea got a good one in Christian Pulisic. Easily the best player on the pitch. He seems to really understand how to pick passes.

Ellen White City’s new signing scores England’s second but the Cameroon’s look like they may not come out for the second half, but they should be down to 10 after Parris was elbowed earlier in the game.

VAR gave the goal after the ass ref flagged for offside, but if was clear that White was onside, but the Cameroon had a conference midfield and the ref just let them chat without doing anything to get the game going again. now Cameroon are saying FIFA are racist, even though it is clear that the scorer was good. Duggan who is a waste of space so far was offside but not interfering with play.

HT 2-0 both City scorers Houghton and White, but it could turn nasty this coming 45 mins if the Cameroon’s turn out, if they do it may be fun to watch

Well England won 3-0 but there is a bigger question that has arisen where a team loses it and added to that the Ref did as well.
I think FIFA should do something here, but we held our heads and Cameroon could have lost two players and we should have had a nailed on penalty.

I also think that bad fouls that result in straight reds should be punished by giving a penalty

Just caught up with the highlights. Cameroon were a disgrace and the ref totally bottled it.

You cannot allow sides to have a conference in the middle of the pitch because they have a collective monk on - the Cameroon players seemed to see the replays and that set them off. I thought having replays was going to help the acceptance of VAR but if players are going to use it simply to find extra reason to disagree with the decisions that go against them........well, FIFA have some work to do.

The referee was weak and failed when the big decisions came calling - elbow non Parris; bad tackle on Houghton; the arrival of democracy in decision making (let’s have a public vote next - “how many of you in th stadium thought that was offside”?).

First thought on the collective huddles and behaviour not accepting decisions..........fail to restart the game within a certain time period and a ‘penalty goal’ is awarded against your team. That happens a couple of times and no one throws their toys out. Fail to accept the penalty goal......match is awarded to the opponents.

I should be in charge of FIFA :ROFLMAO:

I didn't see the game but I read the reports.
I will be very interested to see what punishment FIFA metes out to Cameroon for this completely unacceptable behaviour.
I will not hold my breath though.

Well they have to get a grip somehow.

Coupled with the farce at the CAF Champions League (Off Topic Thread) where a game was abandoned after one side walked off refusing to accept a VAR referral decision, the behaviour of the Cameroon players risks setting a further dangerous precedent. VAR was supposed to aid the on field officials but it just seems to have undermined them. There have always been (& will be) contentious decisions and the officials being swarmed by players arguing their case, but teams effectively going on strike and refusing to play on? Ridiculous.

FIFA need to act quickly and visibly (not two things they are renowned for) - such as issuing a massive fine and a suspended ban from tournaments (e.g. a reoccurrence in any fixture will result in automatic elimination, the forfeit of the game it occurs in etc).

But questions need to be asked about the standard Of refereeing- just witnessed a Cameroon player blatantly and needlessly shove the referee with both hands to “get her out of the way” but it appeared unnecessary and simply because the player was ill tempered. No idea if any action was taken but if not - another bottling by the officials. Should have been a red card.

Oh, and just as an aside, I wonder........the word “emotion” has been in frequent use to describe the reactions of the Cameroon players - “it was very emotional out there”, “hugely emotional “, “heightened emotions of World Cup” etc as they showed scenes of the Cameroon players in tears, consoling one another, angrily gesticulating on the sidelines.......and it just got me wondering that for all the attempts to raise the commentary of the games to a more equal footing with the men’s game, that they still lurch back into stereotyping when it suits them, almost unknowingly. Anyone else find that?

This from Hope Solo, former US goalkeeper and presumably Han Solo’s long lost daughter......

“So your heart has to go out a little bit to this Cameroon side. They played with emotions and brought this emotion to the tournament.
As much as we want to see a little bit more class from Cameroon, they did bring that beautiful emotion and packed this entire stadium.”

That’s three times in three short sentences.

Sorry Hope, they were unprofessional, childish and immature. If you want to be judged on the same level as the men’s game then call out bad behaviour and don’t hide behind the cloak of ‘emotion’.

Isn't she the one old Splatter tried it on with back in the day?
That level of "emotion" has no place on a field of play at any level.
Maybe they all had pre-menstrual tension, the silly buggers.

Well they have to get a grip somehow.

Coupled with the farce at the CAF Champions League (Off Topic Thread) where a game was abandoned after one side walked off refusing to accept a VAR referral decision, the behaviour of the Cameroon players risks setting a further dangerous precedent. VAR was supposed to aid the on field officials but it just seems to have undermined them. There have always been (& will be) contentious decisions and the officials being swarmed by players arguing their case, but teams effectively going on strike and refusing to play on? Ridiculous.

FIFA need to act quickly and visibly (not two things they are renowned for) - such as issuing a massive fine and a suspended ban from tournaments (e.g. a reoccurrence in any fixture will result in automatic elimination, the forfeit of the game it occurs in etc).

But questions need to be asked about the standard Of refereeing- just witnessed a Cameroon player blatantly and needlessly shove the referee with both hands to “get her out of the way” but it appeared unnecessary and simply because the player was ill tempered. No idea if any action was taken but if not - another bottling by the officials. Should have been a red card.

Oh, and just as an aside, I wonder........the word “emotion” has been in frequent use to describe the reactions of the Cameroon players - “it was very emotional out there”, “hugely emotional “, “heightened emotions of World Cup” etc as they showed scenes of the Cameroon players in tears, consoling one another, angrily gesticulating on the sidelines.......and it just got me wondering that for all the attempts to raise the commentary of the games to a more equal footing with the men’s game, that they still lurch back into stereotyping when it suits them, almost unknowingly. Anyone else find that?

They also claimed racism in the decisions by VAR, but Cameroon were a disgrace and should have accepted the decisions and after that the Referee was far too lenient.

As for the shove it was a ref card you cannot manhandle a referee and VAR bottled it as it was felt that they would just walk away from the game, if that had been the other way round England would just have accepted the decision and got on with it

This from Hope Solo, former US goalkeeper and presumably Han Solo’s long lost daughter......

“So your heart has to go out a little bit to this Cameroon side. They played with emotions and brought this emotion to the tournament.
As much as we want to see a little bit more class from Cameroon, they did bring that beautiful emotion and packed this entire stadium.”

That’s three times in three short sentences.

Sorry Hope, they were unprofessional, childish and immature. If you want to be judged on the same level as the men’s game then call out bad behaviour and don’t hide behind the cloak of ‘emotion’.

Hope completely out of order in her remarks, emotion is part of the game, but if you cannot accept the decisions because they go against you, complain after the game through official channels, not during the game.

VAR was brought in to get the right result but the system is not good enough to be completely foolproof