Rolling Results Thread 2018 - 2019 | Page 124 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the main commentator, Ian Darke, was worse - definitely had a soft spot for Swansea as underdogs, was very quick to call it “clearly not a penalty” when sterling went over even though it wasn’t clear at all except with the aid of super slow motion. Classic example was in the second half when Otamendi made a very clean tackle on David James and all he could muster was “Swansea looking for a free kick there” .....why not “excellent covering tackle from the City defender there”?

It was much the same during the win over Schalke.

Watching the Fulham v dipper game.......if Scott Parker has them play the same way against us in two weeks time Sané could have a field day. Acres of space available on the wings.

Dippers handed a get out of jail card - the keeper did interfere with Mane and we’d have been calling for a penalty had it been on Sterling or Sergio (although I suspect either City player would have been called for diving. Mane however is immune from such accusations)

Klippity getting carried away by describing it as a ‘sensational result’.

Good to see that, thanks for posting. Long been a fan of being able to hear the officials. He seems well respected. I appreciate we only saw a brief glimpse of a single game, but he may have to get used to having players surrounding him and berating him on pretty much every decision in the Championship. Interesting to see that didn’t seem to happen in this game when he reviewed the headed goal. The players kept their distance and there was none of the stuff we see in the FA Cupetc

I was pleasantly surprised. Knowing the competitive nature of Aussie sports types (I appreciate the players are not all Aussies) I was anticipating him being besieged and yelled at........but it actually reminded me of how referees are treated in rugby.

If only that approach could be adopted in English football.

(I did think that the guy should have had a yellow card for stopping the free kick. That sh*t drives me crazy.)

Latest scores after nearly 70 minutes.

Brighton 0 Southampton 1
Burnley 1 Wolves 0
Crystal Palace 0 Huddersfield 0
Leicester 1 Bournemouth 0
United 1 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.