Rolling Results 21/22 | Page 53 | Vital Football

Rolling Results 21/22

Poor challenge from the Spurs FB could have hurt one of the city players. Stretcher called on :mad:

It was a studs up, late sliding challenge which caught the city player squares on the ankle.

I couldn’t watch the whole game but the ref’s response to the challenge which had our player stretchered off the pitch was clearly a bad benchmark. It really was a red card offence IMO - the Spurs player slid in, studs up catching the City player on the ankle. The offender then pulled a “Rudiger” by lying prostate and requiring treatmenT. She mad a miraculous recovery from her brush with death…..by which time the referee, distracted by the delay in treatment for the players, seemed to forget that she ought to punish a late challenge which endangered (clearly) an opponent.

I cannot see any excuse for this poor officiating.

I couldn’t watch the whole game but the ref’s response to the challenge which had our player stretchered off the pitch was clearly a bad benchmark. It really was a red card offence IMO - the Spurs player slid in, studs up catching the City player on the ankle. The offender then pulled a “Rudiger” by lying prostate and requiring treatmenT. She mad a miraculous recovery from her brush with death…..by which time the referee, distracted by the delay in treatment for the players, seemed to forget that she ought to punish a late challenge which endangered (clearly) an opponent.

I cannot see any excuse for this poor officiating.

why the Women's game has not got VAR or the benefit of TV replays when it would be easy to just have a look and see what really happened is yet to be fathomed

why the Women's game has not got VAR or the benefit of TV replays when it would be easy to just have a look and see what really happened is yet to be fathomed

Probably two reasons that I can think of - cost, and the majority of WSL clubs play in non-league stadiums that couldn't accommodate the technology?

You couldn't have VAR at televised games only, as the integrity of the competition would be compromised?

Probably two reasons that I can think of - cost, and the majority of WSL clubs play in non-league stadiums that couldn't accommodate the technology?

You couldn't have VAR at televised games only, as the integrity of the competition would be compromised?

I agree, but they should have spotted the handball, they are quick enough to spot fouls in the area, but it was a really poor decision.