Rolling Results 21/22 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Rolling Results 21/22

I don’t think we would have reached a major title had not Pep Guardiola changed the way we play football and I am not talking about City but the entire Country has sat up and bought into this way of exciting football you now see it all over the leagues.
the penalty, I think the Kane one earlier was nailed on, not sure about Sterling’s but I will take it.

if only we had a decent goalie

we still have to beat the excellent Italy.

England were very lucky to get the pen, Sterling dived in my opinion, but sometimes the ref is conned, which decides the game.

The craziness will begin. The pressure will be on to turn Wembley into a Mega-Super-Spreader Event by increasing capacity to 90k

Tactically Southgate has to take credit. Not many people would have subbed his sub (I assume Grealish wasn’t Injured) to alter the approach after we regained the lead.

The penalty would not have been given for Sterling in the Premier league but there was contact IMO and I will take it. No sympathy for the Danes. It was a decent work up for the sort of shithousery we can expect from Italy on Sunday - a lot of tugs and pull backs and cheating to win the free kick from which their goal was scored. They created the melee of players from the first free kick and Christiansen deliberately fell over knowing a free kick would be likely. As a result the hypocrisy of their press having a pop at Sterling is a bit cheap and disappointing.

Tough :censor: Kasper Schmeichel - consider it Karma for your snide attitude in the pre-match press appearance. :finger:

The craziness will begin. The pressure will be on to turn Wembley into a Mega-Super-Spreader Event by increasing capacity to 90k

Tactically Southgate has to take credit. Not many people would have subbed his sub (I assume Grealish wasn’t Injured) to alter the approach after we regained the lead.

The penalty would not have been given for Sterling in the Premier league but there was contact IMO and I will take it. No sympathy for the Danes. It was a decent work up for the sort of shithousery we can expect from Italy on Sunday - a lot of tugs and pull backs and cheating to win the free kick from which their goal was scored. They created the melee of players from the first free kick and Christiansen deliberately fell over knowing a free kick would be likely. As a result the hypocrisy of their press having a pop at Sterling is a bit cheap and disappointing.

Tough :censor: Kasper Schmeichel - consider it Karma for your snide attitude in the pre-match press appearance. :finger:
England were the better team in the second half and extra time. They deserved to win.

No doubt his defence would be 'Not me, guv' - it was Platini's idea, I think.
That is exactly his ‘defence’. The pandemic delayed the tournament - they had more than enough time to review and reconsider the implications.

However he has chosen now, on the eve of the final to effectively undermine the achievement of whichever country wins - one of which has benefitted from substantive home advantage. England.

If I were a cynic the fact that the failed European Super League proposal which caused so much bitterness was comprised of SIX teams from England might possibly be a factor behind this attempt to ‘dis’ any success in reaching the final or possibly winning. The other participant is the country where, by many accounts, one of the most recalcitrant clubs behind the scheme (Juventus) also hail from. (I note that Mancini has previously commented on the unfair advantage that England have had…..although these arguments NEVER get raised when a tournament is won by a nation hosting the whole tournament. Tha’s never a problem is it? 🙄).

So ………should England prevail and Ceferin has to begrudgingly hand over the trophy, I would anticipate more ‘dissing’ in the European media and claims that this will not be a genuine achievement.

Southgate on Foden -

“He’s a doubt. We’ll have to check again but he’s got a fairly minor foot injury.

“But it’s just whether it’s going to be one that clears up in time for him to be able to take part in the game, so we’ll have to assess that again later.”