Rochdale (A) | Page 12 | Vital Football

Rochdale (A)

As you may recall, Moonay, my wife is French, and I have three half French kids, as well as French family, so of course I agree with you. I doubt whether our friend in Hindley has ever met a French person in his life. Probably helps to explain his pro brexit views.

Similarly, Walgartjohn, I'm shocked that you can express such extreme views.
Got to excuse them they are probably descended from Hartlepool monkey hanger stock.

Sorry - before the HTML police jump in 😉
Does that mean the half French kids shrug as well as sulk at the same time ? 🤣

Yep, got everywhere. La Flotte, St Martin, Ars, Les Portes, La Couarde. Went round the market at Le Bois. I love how most French (inland) towns are pretty much the same, all centred round a church and a square.

Love La Rochelle too.
Normoutier and Oleron islands are also worth a visit over to Normoutier on the free bridge and back on the Le Gois causeway.

Normoutier and Oleron islands are also worth a visit over to Normoutier on the free bridge and back on the Le Gois causeway.

Hadn't heard of Normoutier, though I can see where it is. Is it nice there? It seems quite agricultural (& oyster beds) from google maps.

I think we're going to Oleron later this year (Covid permitting!). We have friends who live between Angouleme and Limoges, so often have a week or so somewhere with them, and then a week at their place. He's a big bird watcher and photographer, and was a little disappointed with the Ile de Re in that respect, but he's been to Oleron before.

Hadn't heard of Normoutier, though I can see where it is. Is it nice there? It seems quite agricultural (& oyster beds) from google maps.

I think we're going to Oleron later this year (Covid permitting!). We have friends who live between Angouleme and Limoges, so often have a week or so somewhere with them, and then a week at their place. He's a big bird watcher and photographer, and was a little disappointed with the Ile de Re in that respect, but he's been to Oleron before.
Yes Normoutier is well worth a visit good market and nice little town.
Miss France especially the job of packing more cases of good Vin Rouge in my estate car than you can shake a stick at.

Perhaps your bird watching friend could nip over to where Walgarthjohn went in Quimper....mite be less disappointed but as HindleyM says (#229) ...it's full of dirty ***** but this 'thread just keeps on giving' 😉

You missed out LMB it's well worth it St Martin is magnifique 😉
We were told it was "magnifique", but I wasn't paying €22 (plus not being able establish if we had to pay for the return trip as well) just to find out. Lots of other stunning places along that coast.

We were told it was "magnifique", but I wasn't paying €22 (plus not being able establish if we had to pay for the return trip as well) just to find out. Lots of other stunning places along that coast.
I presume you were in your motorhome. I think it was about 8 or 9 in a car.......and yes, that was probably one way.

You don't LMB (it's like Wales used to be) but you are right it is a beautiful coast all the way down to Bordeaux 👍

Not sure if you have already visited or not when you have been nr Limoges but take a look at Oradour-sur-Glane, I actually cried when I stood in the main street and read the guide book.

Not sure if you have already visited or not when you have been nr Limoges but take a look at Oradour-sur-Glane, I actually cried when I stood in the main street and read the guide book.
Funnily enough, our friends used to live in Oradour sur Vayres ......about 15 mile south west, near Rochechouart, where the local chateau is truly amazing.

Some lovely places near there though. Brantome is beautiful .