Robo Cops | Vital Football

Robo Cops

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Just a quick comment on the policing for yesterday's County v Darlo game. I know Darlo have had a few incidents and 'rowdy' section of their following. And I acknowledge that County have been no angles this year but for 200 Darlo fans - who from what I saw gave great support to their team and no mither... the 50 or so robo-cops deployed after the game were grossly under-employed. Nothing untoward looked to be happening and a smile was on every face (fan and police officer). I would think no more than 20 police were needed yesterday, in fact just half a dozen would have sufficed. County I think, pick up the tab for the extra policing so it does irritate when over-the-top resource is fielded.... more so when you see on a day-to-day basis the tiny police presence left to tackle the myriad off issues they have to face these days. Gumble over...

I wonder what the cost is ........ or perhaps what the longer term i.e. points deduction cost would be if there had been trouble.
What were the stewards doing at the Fylde game? I despair of the number of games I have been to across the country, over the years, where the stewards are watching the game rather than watching the crowd. That is their job not free entry to the match..
OK, rant over!

Latest County News