Robinson linked with AC Milan | Vital Football

Robinson linked with AC Milan

I do like him as a player, and if we sold him we would miss him unless Pearce can step his level up. But, hes got no end product at all. Could not cross a road! So if we get a decent offer, i'd say take it. We'd probably get the best price selling now in the inflated Jan window than in the summer when we'll likely be in League 1 and trying to sell anyone and everyone to adhere to FFP, so if there actually is a deal to be done and its not just pure random gossip, lets get it over the line.

Also, its AC Milan! Not the force they were, but gracing the same pitch and wearing the same badge as legends like Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Inzaghi ... The tree and crown is obviously an honour and a privilege to represent - the zenith of many players careers! - but I wouldn't blame Jedi for wanting to push the move through at all!

He’s a great athlete but a very average footballer. Not much awareness defensively and his lack of technical ability is really highlighted when he goes forward and can’t cross, shoot or use his right foot when he cuts inside. Very strange rumour but if we can make a decent profit then I’d say accept any bid and give Pearce a chance.

Gossip coming out of Milan is the sale of their left back to Turkey has fallen through and an attempt by Napoli to take him had stalled. But PSV are now taking him.

Mixed rumours saying Milan have agreed fee with us while others saying they are looking at cheaper alternatives.

Last edited:
Certainly if the whole thing was serious, then it’s strange he played on Tuesday night.....IF there is any prospect of a £10m sale, then the risk of him getting an injury 3 days before the deadline would seem a bit reckless?

Sky Sport are reporting that AC Milan have renewed their interest in Robinson after Ricardo Rodriguez signed for PSV Eindhoven, they say Milan have already held talks with us.

Certainly if the whole thing was serious, then it’s strange he played on Tuesday night.....IF there is any prospect of a £10m sale, then the risk of him getting an injury 3 days before the deadline would seem a bit reckless?

If there was a bid on the verge of being accepted he almost certainly wouldn't have played, so pressumably although Milan showed interested it hadn't materialised into any approach yet.

I'm hoping we can get 10m in for him, would be a massive financial cushion to offset the likely relegation we face on top of this years loses.

Hope there is a bidding war between the two giants and we get a substantial offer to offset the disappointment of losing a talented young player. £10 -£12 million would certainly go some way in this division. The problem is that the deadline is getting closer and we might not have the time to spend it, or it will be pissed away on panic buys.

Hope there is a bidding war between the two giants and we get a substantial offer to offset the disappointment of losing a talented young player. £10 -£12 million would certainly go some way in this division. The problem is that the deadline is getting closer and we might not have the time to spend it, or it will be pissed away on panic buys.
.. or banked to fund an assault on the league one title next season ?