Robinson ankle sprain | Vital Football

Robinson ankle sprain

If it doesn't rain

I'm guessing it'll be Burn at left back and Bruce in at centre half. Bad timing given the reasonable run of winnable fixtures we have coming up and the need to get back on track.

Shame. LB is very weak position hopefully addressed in January. Expect Dan Burn to fill in during Robinson's absence. Is it worth giving young Golden a chance? As he is the only recognised LB. Please god not Naismith.

What Cook should do is one of two things. Move James to either CB (Burn to LB) or move James to LB. In both cases this allows Byrne to drop back into the position which won him multiple player of the year awards last season. Then play McManaman right wing. Unfortunately there’s no chance in hell the manager is positive enough to have Cal and Byrne on the same flank.

What Cook should do is one of two things. Move James to either CB (Burn to LB) or move James to LB. In both cases this allows Byrne to drop back into the position which won him multiple player of the year awards last season. Then play McManaman right wing. Unfortunately there’s no chance in hell the manager is positive enough to have Cal and Byrne on the same flank.

Switching James to left back and Byrne at right back would be the best option, i'd probably stick Bruce in instead of Burn after the last couple of inept performances from him.

Ok, my "guess" is that Cook will want a left footer at left back and so it will be Roberts for the first 70 mins of the next match with Naismith in front of him on the wing then wholesale changes on 70 mins as we try to salvage a point.

Can James play on the left. If so then that would be perfect. McDonald and Evans as defensive mid. Roberts on the left (no other choice) Powell in the middle and one of our young starlets up top.

No idea, but he’s our best player and seems versatile based on when he’s filled in at CM at times such as against Sheff Utd and Leeds. I reckon we could put him upfront and he’d probably score goals he’s that good. I don’t think he’d disgrace himself at LB and he’d be a far better option than Naismith.

I hope we sign a left back in January. Robinson’s early form was good but after half a dozen games his performances have been a cause for concern for me. He gives the ball away too much and his positional play is suspect. One positive is his searing pace which has got him off the hook on a number of occasions.

James to left back, Byrne to right back for me. I'd have done that even if Robinson was fit. If we aren't going to attack so aggressively from full back like we used to when Robinson was played like a winger more than a full back then it's pointless having him on.

But i bet we keep Byrne in midfield and have Naiamith there (with Roberts in front if him) who has already proven he's never a left back. Like others have said id much rather give Golden a try