Roberto Martinez: Whistle to Whistle | Vital Football

Roberto Martinez: Whistle to Whistle

It is a good watch and we do get mentioned on a few occasions. It tickles me when he drops in a Wigan sound from time to time. Much more time away from Wigan than he had here but just can't drop those dulcet Wigan tones.

The boy has done well, good luck to him.

That’s a great watch with Roberto an Shaun showing the Wigan Athletic connection. Really enjoyed it, and having attended meetings of full fans plus one or two with a small group you could see how Latics worked under him. 🇧Belgium are in good hands all through at all levels. I actually think that the England set up is run on a similar style under Gareth Southgate. Hope he sends us a few players in the years ahead.

Reactions: GSM
It'll get lost in the wash due to the individual brilliance of KDB. But Martinez moving Lukaku to the right-hand side so he could go up against Vestergaard rather than Kjaer in the second half changed the game. Still as sharp as ever tactically. Can't see them winning it though, attackers win games, but defence wins championships and their defence just isn't good enough. A top team will pick them off in the knockouts.

Just watching this now - didn't know that Jesus Seba was his Head of Scouting. Wonder if Izzy Diaz will show up in this at some point???

Reactions: GSM
Apparently he fell out with Diaz after Izzy shotgunned the largest bedroom in their Poolstock house share - never forgiven him😉

Just watching this now - didn't know that Jesus Seba was his Head of Scouting. Wonder if Izzy Diaz will show up in this at some point???

Didn't Seba get sent to prison or convicted of some offence a good few years back? Or was it Izzy?
I seek to recall some story about this about one of them

Didn't Seba get sent to prison or convicted of some offence a good few years back? Or was it Izzy?
I seek to recall some story about this about one of them

I don't know about prison, but Izzy got a good bollocking for booting the ball at a ball boy at some godforsaken dump like Doncaster or Carlisle.

I hope he tells Everton to do one.
I can remember a lot of their fans not taking to him as he'd only ever won the FA cup with little old Wigan.

I think he’d be making a mistake going back to Everton ….probably best seeing Belgium through to World Cup …then getting a job in Spanish football or starting in England at a new club