Robbo shocked at fitness comments... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Robbo shocked at fitness comments...

I honestly thought that under Poch ,,we were the fittest team in the league, the way we closed the opposition down , hunting in packs , as the pundits called it.

We didn’t give the opposition a chance . .
The problem was that it wasn’t sustainable and we have gone downhill ever since .
Mourhino’s idea was to play without the ball , and rely on the counter attack .
We haven’t recovered from that , yet.
That isn’t all down to Nuno though .

The planning and foresight from upstairs (or more importantly ,,the lack of it ) was plain to see and well documented on here .

How many more coaches are we going to employ without a preseason and transfer window to use to get their philosophy across before we start a season .

Mourhino didn’t get one
Nuno didn’t get one ,
Conte hasn’t had one .
Pochettino decided he didn’t need one , (Transfer window )

Kane just downed tools .

And the people above fiddled while the fireswere burning.
Hopefully the fires are going out now .

this is my point though. They’re only unfit by new PL standards. They’d probably all do fine in a military fitness test.
I can assure you they wouldn't, esp in my Regiment/unit, today or yesterday when I served, I can tell you they would all end up crying for mummy!

I can assure you they wouldn't, esp in my Regiment/unit, today or yesterday when I served, I can tell you they would all end up crying for mummy!

I know a bunch of military and ex military lads. They're fighting fit of course but I think people severely underestimate the fitness levels of elite sportsmen, even if they're not at their current peak. Then there's different types of fitness of course. Usain Bolt looked fucked after a few minutes when he played charity football matches... I'm sure Mo Farah would struggle running up a mountain with a bergen.

I played footy with a guy who'd just done a ridiculously fast marathon a couple weeks before. An ex semi pro footballer who was a bit out of shape was up and down the pitch. Marathon runner was spent after 20 mins as his recovery time after sprints wasn't as good as the tubby footballer who was still bursting through on goal at the end of the game. End of the match he looked like he could go again and my marathon running mate was still pale as a sheet an hour later in the pub.

I know a bunch of military and ex military lads. They're fighting fit of course but I think people severely underestimate the fitness levels of elite sportsmen, even if they're not at their current peak. Then there's different types of fitness of course. Usain Bolt looked fucked after a few minutes when he played charity football matches... I'm sure Mo Farah would struggle running up a mountain with a bergen.

I played footy with a guy who'd just done a ridiculously fast marathon a couple weeks before. An ex semi pro footballer who was a bit out of shape was up and down the pitch. Marathon runner was spent after 20 mins as his recovery time after sprints wasn't as good as the tubby footballer who was still bursting through on goal at the end of the game. End of the match he looked like he could go again and my marathon running mate was still pale as a sheet an hour later in the pub.
I do understand where your coming from and all the different scenarios....

Here is some try...
35 mile jaunt/yomp carrying a 80lb(36.5kg) on your back + all weaponry/ammunition, in a full Battle kit, time given 5 hours

Just one example, then think about the overhead only, and ground assault courses, in the same kit as above.

All I am saying is the fitness of Pro Footballers and the Marines/Paras/Infantry is so bloody different and cannot be compared, I expect the Pro Footballer might just pass the entrance exam lol!

There's a huge emphasis put on internal and external motivations now, but ultimately getting paid £10's thousands a week simply weakens the resolve of even the most ambitious; you can look at a player and assess if they have the technical skills and the motivation, but without that burning internal desire many simply don't drive on to the next level - it's a constant debate on coaching and scouting courses now, let alone among agents, who see that in Western Europe young players are simply not meeting their potential.

Money is the devil.