Robbie Gotts to Salford | Page 2 | Vital Football

Robbie Gotts to Salford

MaineRoad_96 said:
I don’t want to sound all Meryl Streep boiling bunny rabbits, but is his career really going to be better served getting more football there?

Salford is a well known graveyard for average lower league footballers looking for a final payday (which we’ve benefitted from), whereas here he was training every day with a high quality squad and one of the best young coaches in the country. Oh well.....

Glen Close with the rabbit boiling, I think.

Meryl didn't shave well enough to get that leg-crossing job opposite Michael Douglas either.

It does look like the only 2 teams regulation has been relaxed due to Covid

Might as well play Lewis now then. Put him in the shop window

Decent player, and I’d have liked to have seen more of him, but if he’s not getting the game time Leeds would have hoped, perhaps inevitable. Where he’s gone to is irrelevant for me. It’s MApps prerogative whether he plays him or not. Unfortunately for him, we’ve been good enough of late to not warrant putting him in. It’s not our choice to have him as a bench filler. Thanks and all the best

Didn't play that much not sure Salford will help him, bar Bruno not a happy hunting ground for Imps

Robbie has started for Salford today at Newport. I really don't know how accurate the line up formation is on the BBC website, but they've got him playing wide left midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. Bit odd for a very obviously right footer with no real pace.

EDIT...and Bruno not in the 18. Could be injured I suppose

Of all the loan signings, Gotts was the one you'd be 'happy' to lose if pushed.

I suspect Leeds wanted him playing more, and playing the position the see him being in long term i.e. CM but he was never going to get ahead of Jones, Bridcutt etc etc.

Does leave us short at RB and probably CM as well though.

Robbie has started for Salford today at Newport. I really don't know how accurate the line up formation is on the BBC website, but they've got him playing wide left midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. Bit odd for a very obviously right footer with no real pace.

EDIT...and Bruno not in the 18. Could be injured I suppose
Would appear Bruno not as popular there as here. Several on their fansite would be happy to see him on his bike.

Anyone that saw him playing at Lincoln and producing match winning performances in big games eg MK Dons, Sunderland...

... will know good managers can get the best out of him.

Salford are the sort of the club where ex pros on the way down possibly deferring retirement can milk them for a bit it’s certainly not a club for the young player. Wonder their nickname isn’t Dads Army

appleton's very good judgement of a player remains intact, imo
presumably no other team in league one could offer gotts any more game time than he got with the top team.

Anyone that saw him playing at Lincoln and producing match winning performances in big games eg MK Dons, Sunderland...

... will know good managers can get the best out of him.
He single-handedly dragged us back into the game at Notts County as well. It was only an uncharacteristic penalty miss by Akinde that stopped us getting the win.