Roasting hot... | Vital Football

Roasting hot...

MedwayModernist

Vital Squad Member
No really!

Freezing cold outside on the (awful) commute in to London this morning, get to my offices in Baker St, and they've turned the heating on people are fanning themselves down with notepads...

BBC have an article online this morning about when is it too cold to be in the office... frankly I'd love a bit of cold right about now!

:29:

Sounds like the normal male female dynamic....

In my experience the females in my household turn the heating on at the first sight of any cold.... whereas the males put their jumpers on ......

But it is damn cold out there ....

Vodapadi Beef Sache - 11/12/2017 10:37

Sounds like the normal male female dynamic....

In my experience the females in my household turn the heating on at the first sight of any cold.... whereas the males put their jumpers on ......

But it is damn cold out there ....

Same in my gaff Vopadi. My son and I often in T shirt and shorts in winter indoors as wife/daughter think it's too cold and bump up the central heating.

Train drivers get on my tits, they must think we get on in t shirt, shorts and flip flops. Turn the bloody heating down, I'm sitting in a parka and scarf, not a pair of Speedos.

I think the heating has been on since about September, and will probably not go off until May! It's tropical at home!

Sure there used to be a law that stipulated that the maximum heat allowed in offices and shops etc was 68 degrees.

Just spent 10 out of a 12 hour shift standing in the rain/sleet/snow and have got on a train that feels like an oven. Nose is running like a tap ffs.

I'm with ME2blue on this one, turn it down a bit, I'll be a dried out husk by the time I get home.

ME2blue - 11/12/2017 11:22

Train drivers get on my tits, they must think we get on in t shirt, shorts and flip flops. Turn the bloody heating down, I'm sitting in a parka and scarf, not a pair of Speedos.

Have you seriously not thought about taking off your coat and scarf?

Think back to a 1950's childhood; no central heating, one coke/coal fire in the living room to heat the whole house, lino on the bedroom floor, coats, and jumpers on top of the bedclothes to try and keep warm, ice on the inside of the window and then compare it to the lifestyle today's snowflakes expect.

Nobby_66 - 11/12/2017 18:17
Just spent 10 out of a 12 hour shift standing in the rain/sleet/snow and have got on a train that feels like an oven. Nose is running like a tap ffs.

Southern Softy :45:

Cold? Cold? I say, don't talk to me about cold.

Back then, we were lucky. Had a fire place in the lounge (we called it the lounge) and a coke fire in the kitchen. Plus you always warmed up a bit getting the coke out the prefabricated concrete coal bunker. I can still feel my fingers aching and teeth grating from trying to get the sliding tin hatch open and closed. Ice on the windows was nothing. It was the lakes of condensation on the window ledge destroying all before them that I hated. Still, we were happy. Or so I'm told. I can't remember.

You still get the days when your windscreen is frozen over, so you get the de-icer and spray it all over the outside only to find that makes the inside of the windscreen itself ice over. Used to annoy the hack out of me that did.

And one day (fresh to driving, probs a 19 year old) I flicked the windscreen wipers on not realising they were iced solid to the glass :15:

I?m glad all those days are behind me and only have to worry that the car aircon is working well :2:

All very true Sir Keefy but, on the downside, and there's no easy way of saying this, you live in Australia. :3:

jokerman - 12/12/2017 02:31

All very true Sir Keefy but, on the downside, and there's no easy way of saying this, you live in Australia. :3:

Maaaaate, this is usually paradise on earth.

BUT............ during an Ashes series when we are playing our usual cr@p cricket, imploding at every turn, finding new ways to lose from good positions, and giving the press every reason to tell us what a bunch of drunken no-hopers we are, let me tell you It's a bloody nightmare :21:

We always had our coal fire in the back room (front room was out of bounds) there was also a mobile paraffin heater, oil man! oil man! was a common cry back then.