RIP | Page 14 | Vital Football

RIP

Sad news about Andy Fordham.

I remember him being on Celebrity Fit Club where he revealed he had a fridge next to his bed full of junk food and desserts. He loved his grub.

Tom O'Connor the scouse comedian has died aged 81.He'd been suffering with Parkinsons for about 14 years RIP TOM.George Curtis who was joint manager with John Sillett when Coventry won the FA Cup in 1987 by beating Spurs 3-2 has also died,he was 82.RIP Both.UTB

Used to like him back in the day, debilitating illness that he’s probably better off on the other side condolences go out to his family
rip Tom

My dear old Dad passed after 15 years of Parkinsons, and I agree. Horrible illness. Your brains fine, but your body won't work. What a dreadful ordeal for him...

I think its the same with any long illness like Alzheimers Rod, but where Dementia takes the brain and leaves the body Parkinsons is the other way round. His quality of life had totally gone five years before he died. Its very cruel really. I can't even think about how he felt, its too sad. If he'd been a dog, he would have been put down to prevent further suffering.

I think its the same with any long illness like Alzheimers Rod, but where Dementia takes the brain and leaves the body Parkinsons is the other way round. His quality of life had totally gone five years before he died. Its very cruel really. I can't even think about how he felt, its too sad. If he'd been a dog, he would have been put down to prevent further suffering.
It’s horrible to witness but for those that have to go through it

My Dad had Heart trouble for 20 years before he passed away and there were times when we thought we were gunna lose him before he did die in November 1990, but he thankfully managed some sort of a normal life for most of them 20 years.What i do remember is everytime i heard or saw a Ambulance in and around the Village and i wasn't at home i used to hope & pray it wasn't for my Dad.I can't imagine how awful it must have been seeing your Dad life slipping away like that mi owd pal.UTB

RIP Mike, an unassuming type of cricketer without any of the aggression associated with fast(ish) bowling.Line and length type of bowler.

My Dad had Heart trouble for 20 years before he passed away and there were times when we thought we were gunna lose him before he did die in November 1990, but he thankfully managed some sort of a normal life for most of them 20 years.What i do remember is everytime i heard or saw a Ambulance in and around the Village and i wasn't at home i used to hope & pray it wasn't for my Dad.I can't imagine how awful it must have been seeing your Dad life slipping away like that mi owd pal.UTB
As a young lad I can’t remember my dad having any illness but Sadly he went in Sheffield Royal for an ulcer operation and died after having it. That was in 1958 and he was 45 years of age. Left my mother with 5 children and I was second eldest at 15 and just started work. Good job I had because my £4 fifteen shillings a week wages helped my mother. It was a pittance of a widows widows pension she received and a few shillings family allowance. It was a struggle for her to bring the family up but with free school meals for the three younger siblings and help from my Grannie (God bless her) with the war pension she received for my grandad from the First World War. It could have been a Children’s home otherwise. I remember it like it was yesterday. 😢😢😢

As a young lad I can’t remember my dad having any illness but Sadly he went in Sheffield Royal for an ulcer operation and died after having it. That was in 1958 and he was 45 years of age. Left my mother with 5 children and I was second eldest at 15 and just started work. Good job I had because my £4 fifteen shillings a week wages helped my mother. It was a pittance of a widows widows pension she received and a few shillings family allowance. It was a struggle for her to bring the family up but with free school meals for the three younger siblings and help from my Grannie (God bless her) with the war pension she received for my grandad from the First World War. It could have been a Children’s home otherwise. I remember it like it was yesterday. 😢😢😢

And those pieces of shit that try and provoke stuff on here have the easiest lives ever. Signing on, being offended and generally being walking abortions.

Cheers CJJ2.
Your story just reminds me how fortunate I have been in life compared to many others, even though I was most certainly not born with the proverbial silver spoon in ”me gob”.
My immediate family lost no-one in the war, and my dad survived a perforated duodenal ulcer when I was 12. My life would have been very different had he died.

Last edited:
Harrowing tale that Charlie mi owd pal.UTB