RIP | Page 10 | Vital Football

RIP

RIP Prince Philip.

He's seen a few changes in his lifetime , not least in the way his family think they can behave these days.

I agree mate,i wouldn't go and stand for hours to see them if they came to our area but as i said i'd sooner have the Royal Family than not.Hark at thee and me agreeing on summat.:eek::giggle:UTB

I would stand for hours for our Queen and her husband and our team.

Philip's funeral set to have no more than 30 in attendance - in the name of Covid.

Does anything sum up the insanity better than this?

Actual royalty has died, and a very respectable man, not some traitorous, worthless disgrace like Harry (who I'd much rather took his place).
If anybody's death calls for a big funeral attendance and event in this country, even in its current dying, degenerative self hating state, he's probably second only to the Queen.

Yet it's going to be subject to rigid, hideous, hysterical restrictions like this.

We'll literally be paying our respects to The Great Covid before Prince Philip - he's just an afterthought. Nothing else matters now. Nothing. Just Covid.
Covid Covid Covid.

Anyone who thinks this is justified, and doesn't think something strange is going on, is insane.
I just can't believe this is reality. It's too fucked up and ridiculous to comprehend.

Last edited:
Philip's funeral set to have no more than 30 in attendance - in the name of Covid.

Does anything sum up the insanity better than this?

Actual royalty has died, and a very respectable man, not some traitorous, worthless disgrace like Harry (who I'd much rather took his place).
If anybody's death calls for a big funeral attendance and event in this country, even in its current dying, degenerative self hating state, he's probably second only to the Queen.

Yet it's going to be subject to rigid, hideous, hysterical restrictions like this.

We'll literally be paying our respects to The Great Covid before Prince Philip - he's just an afterthought. Nothing else matters now. Nothing. Just Covid.
Covid Covid Covid.

Anyone who thinks this is justified, and doesn't think something strange is going on, is insane.
I just can't believe this is reality. It's too fucked up and ridiculous to comprehend.

Phillip doesn't get, and didn't want a State funeral. So it would have been a smaller, family affair regardless. Its the familys choice if they want follow the current restrictions.

I understand that the Premier league will hold 1 mins silence and players will wear a black armband for a man who faithfully served this nation for more than 70 years. I'm guessing that they will then take a knee for a drug addled criminal whose only worthwhile act of his scum life was to die 2,000 miles away while being arrested.

If you want something insane, its right there. Time to end the knee today...

Phillip doesn't get, and didn't want a State funeral. So it would have been a smaller, family affair regardless. Its the familys choice if they want follow the current restrictions.

I understand that the Premier league will hold 1 mins silence and players will wear a black armband for a man who faithfully served this nation for more than 70 years. I'm guessing that they will then take a knee for a drug addled criminal whose only worthwhile act of his scum life was to die 2,000 miles away while being arrested.

If you want something insane, its right there. Time to end the knee today...
I agree FKB. I would rather they applaud his life to thank him for his servcie to the country (in war and peace) and The Queen.

Never been a royalist but total respect for someone who puts in a great shift RIP Philip.

I'd have thought a RIP thread would be solely for paying your respects, but apparently I was wrong sadly.

RIP Helen McCrory(Polly in Peaky Blinders)has died aged 52.She had been fighting Cancer.She was superb in Peaky's.I send sincere sympathy to all Helen's family&friends.UTB

RIP Helen McCrory(Polly in Peaky Blinders)has died aged 52.She had been fighting Cancer.She was superb in Peaky's.I send sincere sympathy to all Helen's family&friends.UTB
What a shame. She was a superb actress, loved her.

RIP Helen, God bless you Damian and your family. ❤️

Last edited:

Horrible news - so sorry to hear this. A stunning actress.
RIP Helen

Had to google her as I couldn’t place her 52 is no age and it looks like her children aren’t that old as she was only married for 15 yrs thoughts are with them and her husband can’t think of anything worse than losing close family

rip Helen

Bye Bye Baby

Bay City Roller Les Mckeown says Shang a Lang for the last time.
I’ve been watching a lot of a 70s music channel a lately on tv and they came on the other night, I hated them at the time and still don’t like their music now

rip les

That's 3 of the original Rollers dead. I met the drummer a few times after he held the manager's job for a while at AMF Bowl at Hull before they reformed. Not a fan of the Rollers personally but their songs do bring back some good memories. My oldest lad used to run around the house singing them them he was a toddler.

RIP Les.

Sad news that Steve Conroy has died. Thoughts and prayers are with family and friends
Very sad news indeed.I'll always remember when we beat the Scousers 1-0 in the league cup at BDBL in 1978 and Steve was fantastic.Gary Hamson scored for us but it's the most one sided game i think i've ever seen at BDBL and yet we won.I also remember Steve being landlord at the Plough at Catcliffe which i used to frequent,he was a top fella.RIP STEVE.UTB

Very sad news indeed.I'll always remember when we beat the Scousers 1-0 in the league cup at BDBL in 1978 and Steve was fantastic.Gary Hamson scored for us but it's the most one sided game i think i've ever seen at BDBL and yet we won.I also remember Steve being landlord at the Plough at Catcliffe which i used to frequent,he was a top fella.RIP STEVE.UTB
RIP Steve.
This game was unreal against european champs, as you say the most one sided match ive seen. A question tho.... which end did GH score the goal kop or BL