RIP Shane Warne | Vital Football

RIP Shane Warne

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Wow Shane Warne now, didn't expect that. A character but one of the best bowlers I've seen

That's a shock although he lived life to the full.

Second only to Muttiah Murlitharan in all time Test Wickets and 68 more wickets than James Anderson in 3rd on the all time list.

It's funny how sporting icons who live life in the fast lane more often than not pass on well before their time. George Best, James Hunt etc.

Another sporting great from my youth passes into history RIP.

A real shocker. After hearing the news about Rod Marsh this morning, I looked on the BBC Sport website and they had copied a Twitter tribute Warne had put out this morning. Can't believe he has gone as well

R.I.P Warny

Certainly one of the best ever . I remember remember the ball from hell against Mike Gatting

Thanks for the great memories

Totally shocked by this. That ball of the century is cricket's JFK moment - you remember exactly where you were when it happened. RIP.

The best spin bowler I've ever seen and probably ever will. As an Indian player said today " he made spin bowling cool".
Always remember watching some of his last test match on TV in a Spanish boozer. Some English dickheads were celebrating that he was retiring. I was staggered that any lover of cricket wouldn't want to see him play! Maybe they weren't cricket lovers, but I'll stick with my original assessment.

Although a proud Aussie I always thought he was a bit of an Anglophile, spent a lot of summers here coaching or commentating even when Australia weren’t playing.

Quite floored really. In my mind it still feels like he should be playing the game let alone to have passed away - only seems he was ripping monsters yesterday.

I wish now he'd got 1 more run at Edgbaston to complete what would have been his only test ton. We would have still won the test, just.

He was very, very highly regarded by most England fans (disregard a few idiots) and enjoyed genuine banter with the Poms. Don't for a moment think he was unpopular - nothing could be further from the truth. A measure of how highly regarded he was, is that 'we' loved getting one over him as much as he enjoyed taking it to us in the Ashes.

Then to hear he had tweeted about Rod Marsh (I hadn't heard that news either) brought realisation of a dark day for world cricket in general and Australian cricket in particular.

Really shocking news yesterday. As has been said by one of the Indian tributes he made spin bowling cool again.

His partnership with Glen McGrath was lethal.

I always thought he was one of the best cricket pundits, the way he described how,he would alter the field and look to set up a batsman to dismiss them, was always interesting. Also in the sky zone when he would describe and bowl a “first” over at Nasser.

Lived life to the full.

A sad loss.

A debate that could have numerous XI's . And also totally different depending of age of the person who picks their XI
Absolutely, I would find it impossible to pick the next nine.....but if I was forced to, I suspect there may be a few more Aussies plus some Windies that would be getting my nod.

Absolutely, I would find it impossible to pick the next nine.....but if I was forced to, I suspect there may be a few more Aussies plus some Windies that would be getting my nod.
Totally agree , although one S.A. player. Colin Bland . The best fielder I have ever sen6