RIP Paolo Rossi | Vital Football

RIP Paolo Rossi

I remember in the 1982 world cup betting my dear departed DAD a couple of pints that Brazil would beat Italy,of course my DAD laughed his nuts off everytime the Italians scored and couldn't wait to tell everyone in TREETON club that he'd beaten me with the bet,he was a tormenting owd chuff,i wish he was still tormenting me now tho. Paulo i believe was the Golden Boot winner at that world cup and scored 2 in Italy's win against Brazil.RIP PAULO.UTMPB

I remember in the 1982 world cup betting my dear departed DAD a couple of pints that Brazil would beat Italy,of course my DAD laughed his nuts off everytime the Italians scored and couldn't wait to tell everyone in TREETON club that he'd beaten me with the bet,he was a tormenting owd chuff,i wish he was still tormenting me now tho. Paulo i believe was the Golden Boot winner at that world cup and scored 2 in Italy's win against Brazil.RIP PAULO.UTMPB
I think you’ll find he got a hat trick rod will always be remembered for that World Cup and that game in particular

rip paolo

A charismatic player and a part of my youth like Pele, Cruyff, Eusabio... actually all the greats from the best World Cup ever Mexico 1970 going forwards. Another man who gave pleasure to millions and was loved for his talent. His nationality, religion, AND HIS COLOUR TOTALLY IRRELEVANT.

I think you’ll find he got a hat trick rod will always be remembered for that World Cup and that game in particular

rip paolo
Yes correct mi owd pal,I must have been trying to erase it from my memory,i never liked buying mi own ale never mind mi DAD's after losing a bet. UTMPB

A charismatic player and a part of my youth like Pele, Cruyff, Eusabio... actually all the greats from the best World Cup ever Mexico 1970 going forwards. Another man who gave pleasure to millions and was loved for his talent. His nationality, religion, AND HIS COLOUR TOTALLY IRRELEVANT.
Mexico 1970 was a terrific tournament Sean,some of the football was superb.I still think after Brazil we were the best side there,biased yes i suppose so but i think we were a better side than West Germany and had Banksy(RIP) been playing instead of the Cat(Peter Bonetti,RIP) i think we'd've beaten them instead of losing a 2 goal lead and then we'd've beaten Italy but i do think Brazil would've been too good for us,tho we did well against them in the opening round,if only Jeff Astle(RIP) hadn't missed that sitter.Did you know the Banks family used to have a Bookmakers shop in the next village(Catcliffe) to TREETON? UTMPB

Mexico 1970 was a terrific tournament Sean,some of the football was superb.I still think after Brazil we were the best side there,biased yes i suppose so but i think we were a better side than West Germany and had Banksy(RIP) been playing instead of the Cat(Peter Bonetti,RIP) i think we'd've beaten them instead of losing a 2 goal lead and then we'd've beaten Italy but i do think Brazil would've been too good for us,tho we did well against them in the opening round,if only Jeff Astle(RIP) hadn't missed that sitter.Did you know the Banks family used to have a Bookmakers shop in the next village(Catcliffe) to TREETON? UTMPB
And one in Woodhouse Rod. Loll Banks?

And one in Woodhouse Rod. Loll Banks?
Yes that's r8 mi owd pal,they also had a pottery shop next to the bookies at Catcliffe.Banksy's nephew travelled with us a few times following the BLADES,he lived in Aughton/Swallownest area,we went to the same school(Aston High)UTMPB

Yes that's r8 mi owd pal,they also had a pottery shop next to the bookies at Catcliffe.Banksy's nephew travelled with us a few times following the BLADES,he lived in Aughton/Swallownest area,we went to the same school(Aston High)UTMPB

A true local legend Rod. Not just a 5 minute wonder .