RIP Murphy the Blade | Vital Football

RIP Murphy the Blade

Longshortandtall

Vital Reserves Team
Haven't posted for a while as 95 year old Dad has been ill with Covid. Not been following football much recently. Just as Dad beats the odds and recovers after a difficult few weeks I lose my best mate Murphy my 13 year old Westie dog yesterday.

Murphy came into this world when we were starting our first season in the championship following relegation from the top flight and he leaves as we head towards the drop again. He endured the six seasons in Division 1 and then the four rollercoaster years under CW taking us into the top flight. He was an avid supporter of the Blades getting very enthusiastic when they appeared on the TV and wore his red and white colours with pride.

Gutted he's gone, RIP my beautiful boy and fellow Blade.

Sorry to hear about Murphy at least we were still in the prem when he left
better news on your dad tho at least it wasn’t a double whammy , it doesn’t make the pain feel any less tho my condolences m8

5341214E-7A44-4232-8C41-6F89610C2EB0.jpeg

Murphy now in doggy heaven with Lassie, RinTinTin and Gnasher. Know how it can affect people when their pets die. Always a sad occasion. Nice to hear your dad's recovery.

So sorry to hear of Murphy's passing Longy.I send sincere sympathy mi owd pal,having been through this a few times with our dogs.Glad your Dad's pulled through.UTMPB

Great news about your dad LST.

Sorry to hear about Murphy.Not a pet person myself, (I'm allergic to cat & dog hair) but can understand your feelings.

Haven't posted for a while as 95 year old Dad has been ill with Covid. Not been following football much recently. Just as Dad beats the odds and recovers after a difficult few weeks I lose my best mate Murphy my 13 year old Westie dog yesterday.

Murphy came into this world when we were starting our first season in the championship following relegation from the top flight and he leaves as we head towards the drop again. He endured the six seasons in Division 1 and then the four rollercoaster years under CW taking us into the top flight. He was an avid supporter of the Blades getting very enthusiastic when they appeared on the TV and wore his red and white colours with pride.

Gutted he's gone, RIP my beautiful boy and fellow Blade.
It’s tough when this happens. I lost mine five years ago but got another six weeks later. We called him Murphy after Jamie. What a goal that was he scored at Donny!! 👍

Sad news about Murphy LST - losing your dog has happened a few times to me, and it's always heartbreaking
Both our Borders are 10yo and I'm dreading the day...

But very good news about your Dad - hope he's fully recovered

Great to hear that your Dad pulled through LST but so sorry to hear about Murphy.❤️ It’s been a few years now since we lost our dog Pepper a Golden Retriever. Definitely a dog who’s bark was worse than his bite, he sounded ferocious but he was soft as a brush. Boy do we still miss him.

Just a thank you to everyone who responded to my post about Murphy. Believe me the replies helped negotiate a difficult week. Got the good news I can now go and visit a 95 year old loyal Blade on 8th March in his Care Home at last.

Life doesn't stand still and there are more important things in life than football. Having said that a result against Villa on Wednesday would be the best way to celebrate a good start to the week. UTB.

Just a thank you to everyone who responded to my post about Murphy. Believe me the replies helped negotiate a difficult week. Got the good news I can now go and visit a 95 year old loyal Blade on 8th March in his Care Home at last.

Life doesn't stand still and there are more important things in life than football. Having said that a result against Villa on Wednesday would be the best way to celebrate a good start to the week. UTB.
I send best wishes to your Dad and you&your family Longy.UTMPB

Glad to hear your dad is on the mend, condolences on the loss of Murphy ;(. I'm not a dog owner but I know that they are very close to peoples families

Glad to hear your dad is on the mend, condolences on the loss of Murphy ;(. I'm not a dog owner but I know that they are very close to peoples families
They are peoples families bm they’re no less a part than anybody else in them and when you lose one it hurts just as much you accept it eventually cos you know they have a shorter lifespan than us but at the time that rarely counts