RIP Mel Smith | Page 3 | Vital Football

RIP Mel Smith

LOL Blur is inspirational for me to lose my weight yes Fear thank you PMSL can't argue with what Blur said to be fair!

Thats right James dude having kids made me realise how iresponsible it is to smoke eat unwell etc thats why i am getting my eye ops done i kept putting them off for a while but the boys are two and hgalf and one and half so i will need health eyesight lol and loads of bloody energy, but its worth it althoug i do miss eating a whole pack of Jammie dodgers and half a pack of choccy bics by god that was the hardest sacrifice for me on a nightime before bed!

I was stupid never touched a fag all the way up until i was 21 ffs started down the pub after having a few bevvies with the lads, when i look back what a total twat i was as i was old enough to know better!

Tell you what clive son, don't listen to fear, you're a good man. And if you want to eat a whole packet of Jamie dodgers every now and then, then bloody well do it mate.

Intact fuck it, have two packs. He doesn't own you mate, take a stand!

James06 - 21/7/2013 14:49

Yeah it's about a getting the right mix, but i definately think a little of what you fancy does you good. Also it's what matters in life to each individual. I'm sick of hearing people tell others how to live, and quotes about health and fitness etc...

Smoking has a noticeable negative affect on you life, as does being heavily overweight. But I'd never knock someone for doing/being these things, it's their choice. It doesn't make them bad people, and shouldnt make them targets for criticism, because they carry these vices. It's their life to with as they please.

Personally, I have a one year old who wants me to run around with him, and kids who will soon want me playing football, cricket, chucking them in the air, riding bikes etc... I have a duty to them to be able to do these things and to do so without having to stop because I'm knackered.

Which is exactly what I've said.

Glad you've at last caught up.

Just need an apology and a 'you are right Fear' and we can move on!!!!

:17:

And I'm disappointed no one else put up any clips of Mel, plenty of gems to choose from!

The Fear - 21/7/2013 14:29

kefkat - 21/7/2013 10:36

Probably meant JF 'as we will never know' if he had lived a healthy life what age he could have lived too

no, but you know, you must know, that the odds are greater if you eat right and don't over drink or smoke.

It is a very very simple theory that CAN be contradicted by a few exceptions.

Yes that is true and you do feel better for it however there are always exceptions, and always will be.

I don't do 2 of those anymore which is I don't smoke or drink. Weight wise I need to lose a bit. Though I do eat healthy I do need to not indulge so much in some things. 2 out of 3 ain't bad to quote the giant of music

James06 - 21/7/2013 14:58

Tell you what clive son, don't listen to fear, you're a good man. And if you want to eat a whole packet of Jamie dodgers every now and then, then bloody well do it mate.

Intact fuck it, have two packs. He doesn't own you mate, take a stand!

:19:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/22/mel-smith-comedy-sketches_n_3633671.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

10 of his sketches

James06 - 21/7/2013 14:49

i definately think a little of what you fancy does you good.

Even if it's.......

Smoking has a noticeable negative affect on you life, as does being heavily overweight.

"heavily"? Just overweight has a noticeable negative affect.

But I'd never knock someone for doing/being these things, it's their choice. It doesn't make them bad people, and shouldnt make them targets for criticism, because they carry these vices. It's their life to with as they please.

I agree, unless of course they are parents and thus role models, in which case they have taken on a responsibility to lead by example.

Personally, I have a one year old who wants me to run around with him, and kids who will soon want me playing football, cricket, chucking them in the air, riding bikes etc... I have a duty to them to be able to do these things and to do so without having to stop because I'm knackered.

So a little of what you fancy doesn't necessarily do you good, parents do have a responsibility to their children, parents making bad choices do deserve criticism, because it's not just "their life" they are influencing, and those who complain about others promoting a healthy lifestyle are usually those who are trying to justify their own poor health and lifestyle choices.

James06 - 21/7/2013 14:35

Don't drink, don't smoke, eat right, behave yourself, dont take risks, don't gamble, don't do drugs.

It won't guarantee you will live to be a hundred, but it will bloody well feel like you have!

I hear this a lot, I don't drink, don't smoke, I eat right, and do you know what, time is flying by very quickly and I am enjoying my life very much.

I think those who need to drink a drug to be able to enjoy themselves are the sad ones.