RIP Kevin Beattie | Vital Football

RIP Kevin Beattie

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Aged 64.He was a brilliant player in the Ipswich heydays under Sir Bobby Robson.He apparently did his usual Radio co-commentary yesdi on Ipswich's game.A suspected Heart attack is the cause the reports are sayin.RIP Kevin. UTCB

Wow that's a real shock. Kind of guy you would think would live to a ripe old age. Very good player and never reached the heights he should have. Not sure but I think he made his debut against the Blades at Portman Road. remember going to the game by train and getting there about 6.00am.

By the way you missed Fenella Fielding and Liz Frazer.

Wow that's a real shock. Kind of guy you would think would live to a ripe old age. Very good player and never reached the heights he should have. Not sure but I think he made his debut against the Blades at Portman Road. remember going to the game by train and getting there about 6.00am.

Very likable player, real shame hes left us. RIP

Other RIP's are available in off-topic, Mahatma...

They’re on the off topic board mahatma, we do have 2 live boards on here ya know :off:

My assistants have seen to Fenella and Dudley on :off: board Ma.I'm sure Liz Fraser's passin's also been mentioned by me or was that on BM? UTCB

Never got to see him play but Ipswich fans of a certain age absolutely rate him.

I was surprised to learn he wasn't related to James!

Made of granite was KB,what a player he was,Ipswich version of Tony Kenworthy in my humble opinion

RIP KB