RIP Glensider | Page 3 | Vital Football

RIP Glensider

Terribly sad news. Always came over as a good guy. Particularly used to enjoy his memories of following Villa down the years when he was able to be a regular contributor to the Vital forum. Heartfelt condolences to his wife, family and friends. RIP Glensider.

Terrible terrible news.

I've just got out of hospital myself and the first thing I read is this sad news.

Kev once told me about his health issues and how he was waiting on a liver transplant. Not hearing from him for quite a while I was starting to wonder if he was ok.

Always missed his match reports which always included the choice of music for the journey.

RIP mate, a true Holtender In The Sky.

RIP Glensider as others have said his posts and stories were the main reason I joined vital villa....I remember after maybe my first post he replied “someone buy that man a pint” always respected him after that...top holt ender in the sky.

This is very sad news I remember him as the most sensible man on here and a very good contributor. Life's just flying by these days.

RIP.

Very sad to hear this news. Even though I never met him we communicated with emails, he helped me through a bad time. Thanks Kev, RIP.

I have never left, slowly eating my way through Mutt Mans toadstool whilst lounging beside the crystal stream and lucious flowers.

Shocked to hear about Glensider, like many have said, I loved reading his away match reports. They were always well balanced, and he had a very gentlemanly style, almost out of keeping with the modern brash world, but you knew you would get honesty and fairness. I like to think that style sums up the type of man he was though I never met him, I wish I had. We had music in common, particularly Bob Dylan, and we occasionally used one of his song titles to describe the state of the Villa. “It’s not dark yet...(but it’s getting there).”
RIP legendary Glensider.

Proud to have been considered a citizen of the Fairy Glen. A warm, friendly human being and a major reason that I saw fit to become part of this Villa community. Sadly missed.