RIP Deadly Doug Ellis | Vital Football

RIP Deadly Doug Ellis

RIP and thank you Sir Doug. Whatever your thought of him, he did love Villa and had our best interests at heart even if you didn't agree with him. He bought financially stability and a stable club to sell to RL all be it that didn't work out long term after MON walked

I didn't hate him but then I most certainly was no fan of him either.

94 is a great age to have reached and for that, I'm happy for him.

Condolences to the Ellis family and friends.

Rip Doug. For the 1st 21 years of my life he was the chairman of villa so I've always been fond of him even if I started to be annoyed by him as I got older. I'm not old enough to remember his dismantling of the league and European Cup side but I know that many older than me have much stronger feelings against him.

As has been said above love him or loath him he's been a huge part of the club for many years and was still attending games.

R.I.P. Doug. I didn't always agree with him and I had some interesting letter exchanges with him, ( he always began with, "thank you for your constructive comments" , sarcastic sod,) but at least he always took the time to reply.
Condolences to his family.

RIP Deadly. A pantomime "Villain", but a big part of our history. I think he loved the club, maybe not as much as he loved himself!, but I respect how he still came and supported the team even when in very poor health. Anybody who has ever scored a bicycle kick will be forever grateful to Doug! Condolences to his family.